00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

YoungInfamous just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Depression-Esque game development

543 Views | 0 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Depression-Esque game development 2014-05-30 12:04:01

Hey, so as someone who has some time and RPG Maker VX, I was curious as to if there were any artists around who wanted to create a short Noir Depression-esque game with me (around 30-60 minutes in length). As for my skills, although I can say at best that I'm a novice at programming (I know basic syntax for Javascript and Ruby, and I'm learning it on code academy), I do know how to operate some small segments of fruity loops and I do know how RPG Maker works to an extent (although I might need some refreshing since it's been so long).
I can work on the story, beats, and basic programming to the game, but the game cannot have any of the following:
A) Violence (if there is violence, then it has to be quick and over with)
B) No more than six screens long (The basic story is going to be set within a house with about 25 characters, each with a different personality to fill each room)

I'm looking for any artists who can help take me out with this, and get me started with this. While I can work on the some of the drawing myself, I'm afraid that I not be as skilled in some aspects (as in symmetry in terms of body and form) :( Programmers are also welcome if they wish to help as well.

Likewise, if you sign onto the project, you have a say as to what goes on in the story, how you want the game to go, and, if there is any money to be made off of this, then you will receive about 25-50% of whatever we make (I'm just making this game because I want to have some experience in this field). Thank you for taking the time to read through this, though. It really means a lot to me:)

*Note: This was taken from the original club board and put into the collaboration board because I was an accidental dumbass and forgot the terms and conditions