00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

BrunoVugl just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Beepony's Art

2,918 Views | 35 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Beepony's Art 2014-06-16 14:59:21

beep boop

Beepony's Art

*beesnaw*

Response to Beepony's Art 2014-06-16 20:40:03

... that's not a rabbit

Beepony's Art

*beesnaw*

Response to Beepony's Art 2014-06-20 12:46:35

Tell us about your process.

Response to Beepony's Art 2014-06-30 12:03:54

At 6/20/14 12:46 PM, ornery wrote: Tell us about your process.

Good question. Not... exactly sure how to answer it but I will try.

Mostly I search for prompts/colours/pallets that inspire me and make me want to form a drawing around them. I like having a goal or boundaries I have to work within/towards. It helps me make sense of the piece and what I wanna accomplish.
Then I start with basic shapes and build up from there. Most times I start by drawing a circle/oval type shape for the head and drop a line for the spine, then add a triangle for the shoulders+hip ratio. From there it's adding details. If I'm not sure about a pose I either take pics of myself or look online for references.
After the sketch, I add another layer (because I p much always work in photoshop) and usually lineart in black with as few lines as possible. If I feel the lines are confusing or don't add enough volume to the picture, I start colouring and/or shading. So if I'm satisfied with the lines I really tend to leave them.
So I guess my process is: references/goals, gesture sketch, contour sketch, local values/shades, full colour, possibly add bg or something to define space.
I heavily rely on gesture sketch techniques and my biggest downfall is that I don't tend to vary the sight line. Plus, I definitely gotta work more foreshortening in. I know that wasn't related to the question, but I wanted to say it for my own benefit.

This was a lot of text so here is a drawing as well. I used one of the colour pallets floating around on tumblr.

Beepony's Art

*beesnaw*

Response to Beepony's Art 2014-06-30 12:05:00

Thing I'm working on. Depending on how much I continue to like it, this might become a wallpaper or something.

Beepony's Art

*beesnaw*

Response to Beepony's Art 2014-06-30 12:07:18

doop doop doodle do

Beepony's Art

*beesnaw*