00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Xyphondevi just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

A good actionscript3.0 class book

752 Views | 4 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

A good actionscript3.0 class book 2014-05-22 12:49:50

Can someone please list some nice AS3.0 book, about classes.
This book should be able to help me code in as(file) better.

& it should also try to focus on game development or relating to sprite, etc.
If not then that's okay just list it. :)

Response to A good actionscript3.0 class book 2014-05-22 13:03:24

At 5/22/14 12:49 PM, bkbatman wrote: Can someone please list some nice AS3.0 book, about classes.

http://shop.oreilly.com/product/9780596526948.do

Response to A good actionscript3.0 class book 2014-05-22 15:36:24

Thank you very much, I'll start reading the book once I finish this movie. Coding on the timeline was a bad idea,
where I had to place all the code together. Now with me learning how to use class in Flash. I should be able to separate what each are for.

Response to A good actionscript3.0 class book 2014-05-22 17:46:36

At 5/22/14 03:36 PM, bkbatman wrote: Thank you very much, I'll start reading the book once I finish this movie. Coding on the timeline was a bad idea,
where I had to place all the code together. Now with me learning how to use class in Flash. I should be able to separate what each are for.

Foundation Game Design with Actionscript 3.0 and AdvancED Game Design with Flash (its sequel) discuss classes and game development. Neither of them use the timeline to code. AdvancED Game Design with Flash in particular covers a lot of topics which imo are confusing and/or sparsely documented online. I was starting to think that topics like bouncing off an angled surface was too complex for me until I read it.

Play free games at gilbert family farm.

Response to A good actionscript3.0 class book 2014-05-25 18:51:53

Dude, the "Foundation Game Design With Flash", is a great book. I enjoy how the book start off by assuming you know nothing about actionscript3.0. If anyone want to learn game-development for Flash. I suggest you read this book.
I'm just loving this book. It also teach me some basic thing/word I did not know before.