00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Tamer669 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Good drawing softwares?

907 Views | 10 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Good drawing softwares? 2014-05-21 17:19:33

Well, my dad bought a tablet for me. Isn't an Ultra Cintiq or something, is a basic one, but I really liked it. So I was searching some good and free drawings programs. I've using Gimp, but I want something a bit more professional.
It needs to be free because my parents are afraid to shopping on the internet X( and I don't like to install pirate/cracked softwares on my PC.

So... If you know some good softwares or whatever that I can draw decently or at least with some good quality, please tell me :3 It don't needs to be something that an ULTRA 1337 PR0 uses to draw, just need to be something that I can draw and color some cartoonish things.

Thanks for you time, have a nice day, and apologies for my bad english :P

stop();

Response to Good drawing softwares? 2014-05-21 17:38:02

PHOTOSHOP!

nah really, in the very early early days I used GIMP 2 and the images I did in it were simply terribad get photoshop, its opacity and brush settings are so lush! and its pretty straight forward for drawing purposes, select the canvas size select brush select brush size and just go to town.

you could use Paint tool sai, I hear its more easier on slower computers but 4chan will think you're a pleb for using it.

Response to Good drawing softwares? 2014-05-21 17:40:05

At 5/21/14 05:19 PM, N1nj4X wrote: Well, my dad bought a tablet for me. Isn't an Ultra Cintiq or something, is a basic one, but I really liked it. So I was searching some good and free drawings programs. I've using Gimp, but I want something a bit more professional.
It needs to be free because my parents are afraid to shopping on the internet X( and I don't like to install pirate/cracked softwares on my PC.

So... If you know some good softwares or whatever that I can draw decently or at least with some good quality, please tell me :3 It don't needs to be something that an ULTRA 1337 PR0 uses to draw, just need to be something that I can draw and color some cartoonish things.

Thanks for you time, have a nice day, and apologies for my bad english :P

As far as "official" free programs go, a quick Google search suggests programs like Gimp, Krita and Paint.net. The one you're using right now is pretty much the best of that list though.

BBS Signature

Response to Good drawing softwares? 2014-05-21 17:42:41

GIMP is free, but in my opinion, a kinda clunky program.
Myself I use Photoshop (actually a paid version, but since it suddenly decided to tell me my "trial version" expired I decided fuck it and cracked it.) as it's a very powerful tool that you can use for a great amount of different things.
A simple drawing tool, I don't really know of. Maybe the newest version of MS Paint, I heard it's actually not that bad.

Boop the snoot

BBS Signature

Response to Good drawing softwares? 2014-05-22 06:55:31

You should get the free photoshop trial, man. If you like it, and still can't afford/don't wanna buy, crack the software, it's worth it. And if you still don't wanna crack anything, i guess Paint.sai is a good free software, i used it for a long time, it gets the job done.

Response to Good drawing softwares? 2014-05-22 12:50:25

Damn, two advices to crack Photoshop, now I'm seriously thinking about it, haha. Thanks for the tips guys, I'm gonna stuck at Gimp for a while and try Photoshop/Paint Tool SAI.

Thanks for the tips, guys.

stop();

Response to Good drawing softwares? 2014-05-22 14:53:48

Krita's a pretty good open source painting tool, as well as MyPaint.

You can also use Sculptris and the Free version of Autodesk Mudbox/3DS Max for students for 3D sculpting. Works even with high school students.

Then there's the big guys, Adobe Creative Cloud for 20 bucks (on sale for students) a month for legal copies of all adobe stuff, or Zbrush for students. If you decide to go with Photoshop, be sure to get some brushes from the CGSociety. Hope this helps and sorry if it's a bit much.

Response to Good drawing softwares? 2014-05-22 19:23:59

At 5/22/14 02:53 PM, bluemagma wrote: stuff

Wow, thanks a lot for the links dude, I will check it right now :3

stop();

Response to Good drawing softwares? 2014-05-25 04:58:05

Industry standard is photoshop and it's something I recommend getting. I've known a few professionals use Painter but they're very few. It's a cheaper alternative but it's not as versatile as photoshop. Photoshop now has this monthly pay system so it's more affordable for those not working professionally.
Painter has a free 30 day trial that is really good. You get almost everything for free and then after the trial is over you can buy it for not so much. Worth checking out if you're on a budget.

Response to Good drawing softwares? 2014-05-25 12:47:42

I've been using photoshop... damn it's awesome! It's like Gimp on the interface but is pretty better in quality. I've been using MyPaint too, it's very cool. I'm definitely retiring my Gimp. For now I think I will use MP and PS together so, thanks alot for the tips dudes.

Peace.

stop();

Response to Good drawing softwares? 2014-05-25 15:05:34

Photoshop for drawing, Illustrator for vector stuff.

BBS Signature