00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Xyphondevi just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Streaming Sound Difficulties

354 Views | 1 Reply
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Streaming Sound Difficulties 2014-05-19 21:21:32

So I've just started using the newest version of Flash, since my school was using an older version, and I'm having a major problem right from the get-go.
I'm working on a kinda music video thing, which involves matching up the animation to a single long audio track (the song), and using sync is pretty much essential. I can't start from the beginning every time to figure out which exact frames go where.
So I pulled the song out of iTunes, converted it to both .mp3 and .wav, imported it into the Flash library, and brought it into the scene. So far so good. Then I go to properties, and click on the sync sound, and there's Stream, completely gray and unclickable. Problem.
I can't change the sound file to anything other than an event. I've tried different types of files, different songs, but each time the only option is Event. I'd feel much better if there was an error screen, or a Cannot Stream File message, but it's just sitting there, gray and passive and mocking.
This is almost certainly one of those problems that I'm gonna feel incredibly stupid for missing, but for the life of me I just can't see it.
Can you guys help me out?

Response to Streaming Sound Difficulties 2014-05-23 23:55:56

Try creating an empty layer just for your sound. Then choose a frame on that layer to which you'll select the sound in its properties panel; see if "Stream" is available.

my job :: we+are