00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Ramifications of H.R. 2847...

1,057 Views | 5 Replies

The Ramifications of H.R. 2847... 2014-05-14 14:35:28

Is it a scam or is it the truth??

Since last month I've been receiving info from non mainstream media that Congress bill H.R. 2847 could very well be the United States economy's undoing if one passage within it goes effective on July 1st, 2014. The dollar's been predicted to officially collapse on that date!

Porter Stansberry appears to be the source of this claim among others, and I don't feel comfortable just sitting around until the date comes to find out whether or not they were right or if it's just a gold investment hoax.

This person seems to have an interesting position on the matter.

What do you all think?

Response to The Ramifications of H.R. 2847... 2014-05-14 15:15:53

At 5/14/14 02:35 PM, FaeryTaleAdventurer wrote: Is it a scam or is it the truth??

Since last month I've been receiving info from non mainstream media that Congress bill H.R. 2847
non mainstream media

such as Fabian4Liberty?
There in lies your problem

BBS Signature

Response to The Ramifications of H.R. 2847... 2014-05-14 16:07:30

http://www.snopes.com/politics/conspiracy/hr2847.asp

"[A]ccording to Stansberry & Associates, this remarkable, radical collapse of the United States monetary system and "our normal way of life" is going into effect in a mere matter of months (just like a similar recent conspiracy scare about the federal government's plan to eliminate 16 states from the U.S. in the very near future).

But wait ... all one needs in order to avoid suffering from this devastating national calamity, one that will collapse our entire monetary system and spell doom for the American way of life, is a little information. Information that can be yours if you'll just shell out $149 for a one-year subscription to Stansberry's Investment Advisory newsletter.

In other words, if a financial company spews a bunch of stuff that sounds sufficiently alarming, and then promotes its product as something that will help protect people against this horribly scary thing, it might be able to lure gullible folks into believing that a "fairly easy and inexpensive to protect themselves" against losing their money is for them to send their money to that company instead. And, unfortunately, such schemes work often enough to keep these types of schemers in business. "

"Non mainstream media" is a euphemism for "a bunch of shit exposed by random people who scream scary things with zero accountability and journalistic integrity." I'd stop paying attention to them if I were you.

BBS Signature

Response to The Ramifications of H.R. 2847... 2014-05-14 16:08:39

It would be totally awesome if you could give us a run down of what you're concerned about in th ebill. I looked up the bill and it is huge.

Oh, and random rants from random Yotubers is hardly source material.

Response to The Ramifications of H.R. 2847... 2014-05-14 16:15:53

At 5/14/14 04:08 PM, Camarohusky wrote: It would be totally awesome if you could give us a run down of what you're concerned about in th ebill. I looked up the bill and it is huge.

It has to do with FATCA; I wouldn't be surprised if all the scaremongering was engineered by a bunch of rich dudes who'd be affected.

BBS Signature

Response to The Ramifications of H.R. 2847... 2014-05-15 19:41:17

At 5/14/14 04:15 PM, Feoric wrote:
At 5/14/14 04:08 PM, Camarohusky wrote: It would be totally awesome if you could give us a run down of what you're concerned about in th ebill. I looked up the bill and it is huge.

It has to do with FATCA; I wouldn't be surprised if all the scaremongering was engineered by a bunch of rich dudes who'd be affected.

http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/1364658

I made that thread a little while ago, and it just got a single response before dying off. But yeah, it covers the same material (FATCA) as this topic.

I believe in the ultimate triumph of evil over good in this world.

It doesn't help that we keep funding our enemies.