00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Duspay98 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Construct 32x32 resolution game?

741 Views | 3 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Construct 32x32 resolution game? 2014-05-13 18:23:11

I know Scirra construct doesn`t need programming, but maybe you can help me...

I´m making a game for a game jam, and it needs to be in 32x32 resolution and use grid movement, but i dont know how to do it, it needs to be in a nice size window or fullscreen.

Hope you can help me, i don´t have much time.
Greetings and thanks in advance.

Response to Construct 32x32 resolution game? 2014-05-13 21:02:38

At 5/13/14 06:23 PM, SuperJohnn wrote: I know Scirra construct doesn`t need programming, but maybe you can help me...

I´m making a game for a game jam, and it needs to be in 32x32 resolution and use grid movement, but i dont know how to do it, it needs to be in a nice size window or fullscreen.

Hope you can help me, i don´t have much time.
Greetings and thanks in advance.

Grid movement? Hmm. How about setting up an if statement.

On keyboard press RightArrow, set position player.x,player.y to player.x + 10, player.y.

So everytime you press RightArrow, the position moves at a value of 10. If press DownArrow, affect the y axis.

Response to Construct 32x32 resolution game? 2014-05-14 02:18:46

You might want to start with some simpler programs before getting into games.

If you *really* don't want to program at all, you're using the right tool, but you're not going to get very far with it.

∀x (∃e (e ∈ x ∧ ∀x ¬(x ∈ e)) ∨ ∃y ¬∃e (e ∈ x ∧ ¬∃z (z ∈ y ∧ z ∈ e ∧ ∀x ¬((x ∈ y ∧ x ∈ e) ∧ ¬(x = z)))))

Response to Construct 32x32 resolution game? 2014-05-14 10:38:27

Well, Jeremy's suggestion does work in a way, but if you want to make a grid based game, you would mainly want to use arrays. In my opinion arrays is the most complicated thing in programming so if you're a beginner, I wouldn't reccomend using it. You could try Jeremy's suggestion, but the problem is that you might meet some problems later on if you use that method. Depends on what kind of game you're making ofc.

Just a random idiot