00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Ryor just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Newgrounds gaming tournament

390 Views | 1 Reply
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Newgrounds gaming tournament 2014-05-01 13:50:59

Hi,

I'm looking to host a joint tournament between Newgrounds, ArmorGames, and Kongregate. Anyone who is a member of these three forums may enter. In fact, if you have great gaming skills than I'd encourage you to join.

Some of the greatest online competitors will be entered in this tournament including myself. I'm really curious to see what Newgrounds has to offer in terms of their gamer's abilities.

Here are the rules, as quoted from the tournament host thijsel:

"This is a Flash gaming tournament. What kind of tournament, you ask? Well, it’s a double-elimination tournament! Which means that it’s basically single-elimination, but every round, the eliminated players from the previous round get to play against each other, and then the eliminated players from the next round get to play against the winners of the losers of the previous round.

Which basically means you get two chances to win. Which is cool. And more fair than single-elimination.

Rounds will last 72 hours each (3 days). Just thought you should know."

Thanks again for your time. I'll be happy to answer any questions you have.

Here's the sign up list for the tournament:

Response to Newgrounds gaming tournament 2014-05-01 21:02:44

Not trying to bump the thread but I though you might find this video interesting.

http://youtu.be/RKhmizmOcHc

I recorded my run through the qualifying round. I will be documenting my progress along the way, so you can check back here to see how far I get.