00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

computer tablet for 2d animation

489 Views | 3 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

computer tablet for 2d animation 2014-04-24 16:58:15

Today my laptop broke and I was wondering if you guys and gals could refer a laptop or tablet around 400$ that would be good for 2d animation? I use a wacom pen graphics tablet and im leaning toward getting a computer tablet to replace my laptop. I use freeware instead of flash ATM because I'm poor :-( I just want something cheap but good for animation thought about the surface but I've heard bad things so maybe not. Also if you know how to do good lines like what tools and settings I should use that would be great! Thanks everyone

Response to computer tablet for 2d animation 2014-04-30 18:06:23

I would rather get a PC or another laptop for such thing. I don't know much about the tablets, but I don't think you can use a wacom tablet on a tablet.
Recommending a rig is hard, because each person has their own needs.
Just make sure that it has enough processor power and memory.
In your case, I would say an Intel i5 and at least 4GB RAM.

I dunno, I'm normally a guy who buys a PC extremely rarely.
In case you wanna know, here's my PC specs

i5 @ 3.30GHz
8GB RAM
NVidia GTX 560
64-Bit Windows 7

BBS Signature

Response to computer tablet for 2d animation 2014-04-30 21:21:44

I'm not sure if you'll be able to get yourself a tablet PC for $400. Do some research though, I could be wrong. I know wacom is coming out with something for the newer cintiqs for an additional $1,000..

"So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past."

-F. Scott Fitzgerald

BBS Signature

Response to computer tablet for 2d animation 2014-05-01 06:44:49

I would get yourself a new PC or laptop as has been said, tablets are not very/at all compatible with drawing/wacom tablets. I have a tablet that I use for reading, browsing and word processing, and while great for those things, it just isn't functional enough to work full time on (even word processing is pushing it).

BBS Signature