00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Getting that last word in...

548 Views | 8 Replies

Getting that last word in... 2014-04-23 07:06:40

Why is it when we talk face to face, especially in debates and arguments, getting the last word is usually what we try to get. It seems like when you get that last word in, you in a sense won or however you want to put it.

But when it comes down to a forum, such as this one, being the last to reply in a topic makes me feel like I killed the discussion. Does anyone actually like being the last to reply to a thread before it dies off

apart from most who like to post witty lock messages

Your thoughts?

This post made possible by Plymouth58.

It's muh birthday. Where is my caik? 5/8/1994 - 5/8/2014

Beer next year!

BBS Signature

Response to Getting that last word in... 2014-04-23 07:23:46

I don't know, don't really care at this point whether in life or online. I can't take most people seriously, personally.

BBS Signature

Response to Getting that last word in... 2014-04-23 08:14:14

At 4/23/14 07:56 AM, ManDeep wrote: When I See My Post Being The Last Reply, It Tears My Heart Out.

Saving your heart <3

Tuturu~ ♫

Without truth, there is no justice.

Asandir's interviews with Newgrounds forum users

BBS Signature

Response to Getting that last word in... 2014-04-23 09:12:59

Whenever I get the last word in a thread I just see it as there's nothing more to discuss. But I hate getting the last word in an argument though. Usually when I get the last word in, I think he stopped caring, but then he pops up a week later just to insult me, which in turn reignites the argument.

Give me cash and receive arts!

(thanks for the years of Lulu/Payne r34 my loyal dealers)

BBS Signature

Response to Getting that last word in... 2014-04-23 15:16:29

At 4/23/14 07:06 AM, Plymouth58 wrote: Why is it when we talk face to face, especially in debates and arguments, getting the last word is usually what we try to get. It seems like when you get that last word in, you in a sense won or however you want to put it.

But when it comes down to a forum, such as this one, being the last to reply in a topic makes me feel like I killed the discussion. Does anyone actually like being the last to reply to a thread before it dies off

apart from most who like to post witty lock messages
Your thoughts?

Getting the last word in isn't necessarily important, but wanting to be the last one to talk and silence everyone else is usually out of self-importance more than anything. It feels good to argue well and make everyone think in silence about what you say, but if you're arguing solely for that feeling, you've missed the point.

I feel like that sometimes, but it happens. Maybe you added something too late, and it was already fading off to begin with. Or what you added wasn't all that interesting and no one felt like replying.

Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster.

BBS Signature

Response to Getting that last word in... 2014-04-23 15:27:38

I like to pretend like no one had anything more to say after my brilliant forum reply! :'D

Not really though...
Mostly, I really don't care all too much. Not in real life, and not here. I guess I have other things to focus on :/

Response to Getting that last word in... 2014-04-23 16:06:41

When I see that my post is the last one in a thread, I usually just assume that it's so awesome (and encompassing) that nobody feels like they can add to it in any way, and give up in frustration

Response to Getting that last word in... 2014-04-23 16:36:30

irl and online i could go either way
more than the last word though, you want to get the last laugh

Response to Getting that last word in... 2014-04-23 16:38:43

we're humans we try to be on top of everything. we are hungry for countless winnings

Smoke. Sleep. Life. "Inhale the good shit exhale the bullshit" - Your peaceful dude PotHeadParadise

Peace And Love For A Better World

BBS Signature