00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

LOCKdev just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Ads on this site

483 Views | 7 Replies

Ads on this site 2014-04-19 11:18:41

I know ads help pay for the site, but do I really have to sit through two ads in a row every single time I watch something? I mean, after one ad finishes, another one plays immediately. And then, probably a minute or so later, I finally get to start the movie. What's the deal with that?

Response to Ads on this site 2014-04-19 11:21:56

At 4/19/14 11:18 AM, T3hL33tSnake wrote: I know ads help pay for the site, but do I really have to sit through two ads in a row every single time I watch something? I mean, after one ad finishes, another one plays immediately. And then, probably a minute or so later, I finally get to start the movie. What's the deal with that?

I just hate that Chocolate Smurfs add which blocks the front page for 30 seconds

Response to Ads on this site 2014-04-19 11:22:30

Blame the artist who put them in their flash, Newgrounds isn't responsible for those ads

BBS Signature

Response to Ads on this site 2014-04-19 11:26:21

It's just so they can get a little revenue for their work.

"Till one day, that lion gets up and tears the shit out of everybody."

BBS Signature

Response to Ads on this site 2014-04-19 11:29:55

At 4/19/14 11:26 AM, Radaketor wrote: It's just so they can get a little revenue for their work.

Beat me to it.

Find my hoard of old NG stickers and you might win some.

Remaining stickers: 417

Response to Ads on this site 2014-04-19 12:06:51

Nobody likes ads. They're annoying and waste our time and resources. Unfortunately they're essential when it's necessary to monetize content to be able to fund a place like Newgrounds.

Fortunately for you and me, by spending $25 (about 7 cents a day) you become a Supporter and the ads before flash that support NG will be blocked.

You also get a badge and other privileges.

Response to Ads on this site 2014-04-19 12:09:02

It's weird having to watch adverts to view your own content on Newgrounds.

It's also rather annoying having to wait for an advert to finish, so I gain experience points by voting on submissions I like, but have already seen.

I end up going to the HTML5 games

At 4/19/14 11:22 AM, Teddiikun wrote: Blame the artist who put them in their flash, Newgrounds isn't responsible for those ads

You've probably got ad blocker on.

There's adverts implemented into the actual flash, like you know.

and there's adverts, embeded from the Newgrounds site, which plays before every flash if there is an advert available.