00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Bishopdown just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Artistic Critique on Game

615 Views | 4 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Artistic Critique on Game 2014-04-15 22:01:24

Hello artists!

I have been working on my first flash game, which can be played here (WIP), and was hoping to get an artistic critique of the game. I've spent so much time focusing on the code and mechanics, and I feel that i really need to step back and ask "does it look good?".

Well thanks in advance for any help :)

Response to Artistic Critique on Game 2014-04-15 22:28:47

Neat game. The character design is very likeable. Everything appears to be in the "same universe", apart from the portal doors. Those spinning stars placed behind feel gaudy and unnecessary.

At 4/15/14 10:01 PM, TitusRyland wrote: Hello artists!

I have been working on my first flash game, which can be played here (WIP), and was hoping to get an artistic critique of the game. I've spent so much time focusing on the code and mechanics, and I feel that i really need to step back and ask "does it look good?".

Well thanks in advance for any help :)

| Art n' animation Tumblr | R&S comic Tumblr | Follow for LIVE streams Twitter | Animation CH YouTube |

Response to Artistic Critique on Game 2014-04-15 22:41:12

I must agree with the doors.
You will have to make them appear more approachable. Something you actually want to walk towards to.
The way the spikes revolve around them give an idea of danger. This is reminiscent of saw blades which are hazards in your game.

Response to Artistic Critique on Game 2014-04-15 22:48:45

At 4/15/14 10:41 PM, Cairos wrote: I must agree with the doors.
You will have to make them appear more approachable. Something you actually want to walk towards to.
The way the spikes revolve around them give an idea of danger. This is reminiscent of saw blades which are hazards in your game.

Hmmmm. I concur. Do you think i should just get rid of them or replace them with something else?

Response to Artistic Critique on Game 2014-04-15 23:50:49

You need to start creating visual elements that would make sense in this world rather on relying on generic assets.
The character has a spike on his head. Not only can it be used to puncture enemies above him but perhaps he is able to use it as a means to open entrances or drill one of his own.