00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Patrick8008 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

We killed megaman!!

1,105 Views | 14 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

We killed megaman!! 2014-04-11 04:43:37

Do you think if it wasn't for people wanting the old megaman back, we could've had a newer and shiner megaman that newcomers and old fans would've loved? I mean just because a good game is released on wii u doesn't necessarily make it a bad game really. It just matters how good the technology is for the game itself and how playable it is.. You cant play a fucking 80s Nintendo game with fucking motion controllers.. *COFF POWER GLOVE IS SHIT. I sometimes hate how some people say 80s- 90s video games are better than games of today!! Quality never changes!! THERE IS SUCH THINGS AS GOOD GAMES OF 2014 WE JUST NEED TO GET OFF OUR ASS AND ACTUALLY SEARCH FOR THEM!! Im pretty sure all of us isn't friggin 50 yet... so why do we all act like we are getting too old for kid's video games.... considering we play kid's video games of the 80s or 90s?? IM JUS SAYN

*pic relevant

We killed megaman!!

the lord of our savior. el christio

BBS Signature

Response to We killed megaman!! 2014-04-11 10:22:08

We didn't kill Megaman. Capcom killed Megaman to spite Inafune for leaving.

Give me cash and receive arts!

(thanks for the years of Lulu/Payne r34 my loyal dealers)

BBS Signature

Response to We killed megaman!! 2014-04-11 10:39:23

I will always remember Mega man as a hero.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to We killed megaman!! 2014-04-11 14:09:41

I would love to see a new MegaMan X game, i am fan of that series. I don't like MegaMan though.

Response to We killed megaman!! 2014-04-11 15:36:43

It would take you like a decade to play through every mega man game. We don't need more. Just let it rest for a while.

Response to We killed megaman!! 2014-04-11 16:13:23

At 4/11/14 11:17 AM, Monster-64 wrote: The reason why most classic gamers, though, hate most games nowadays is because they follow the same generic fundamentals as the other game (for example, aiming down your sight)

Nah man. The problem with most games nowadays is greedy developers are ruining old franchises in an attempt to maximize their audience. Look at EA and Activision for a prime example of what the game industry is becoming.
But what you said is kind of true with the indie game industry. For every decent and/or innovative indie game that comes out, a 2D pixel platformer with an exhausted gimmick, a roguelike, and/or an anti-game with unsubtle themes about arbitrary acts of progressiveness comes out.

Give me cash and receive arts!

(thanks for the years of Lulu/Payne r34 my loyal dealers)

BBS Signature

Response to We killed megaman!! 2014-04-11 16:42:56

At 4/11/14 03:36 PM, Jackho wrote: It would take you like a decade to play through every mega man game. We don't need more. Just let it rest for a while.

They are just waiting to make a bigger, better, Mega man game.

BBS Signature

Response to We killed megaman!! 2014-04-11 16:57:14

Mega man was a franchise that pretty much ran it's course years ago, and Capcom pretty much killed it off when Inafune left, it happens. Taste in games change and so do gamers, and the MM franchise basically fell behind the times, there isn't any conspiracy or malice to it among gamers. (Inafune and Capcom is a different story)

Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature

Response to We killed megaman!! 2014-04-11 17:13:32

At 4/11/14 04:57 PM, orangebomb wrote: Mega man was a franchise that pretty much ran it's course years ago, and Capcom pretty much killed it off when Inafune left, it happens. Taste in games change and so do gamers, and the MM franchise basically fell behind the times, there isn't any conspiracy or malice to it among gamers. (Inafune and Capcom is a different story)

I blame the illuminati

We killed megaman!!

the lord of our savior. el christio

BBS Signature

Response to We killed megaman!! 2014-04-11 19:02:18

Megaman isn't dead what are you talking about?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-9zsUv0t8E

Response to We killed megaman!! 2014-04-11 22:51:03

At 4/11/14 07:02 PM, Emlfuryoflion wrote: Megaman isn't dead what are you talking about?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-9zsUv0t8E

Aaand the account with that video was terminated...

Getting back on topic, I really was hoping for another Battle Network game to come out. Hell, I'd be fine if they just made a "Battle Network Collection" and added it to the 3DS E-shop

Twitter | Deviant Art | Steam | Gamertag: Eddmario

Official MLP: FIM crew. | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature

Response to We killed megaman!! 2014-04-12 00:51:56

2015 should be the year of Mega man.

BBS Signature

Response to We killed megaman!! 2014-04-12 15:26:55

At 4/12/14 12:51 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: 2015 should be the year of Mega man.

This

IMO Capcom should utilize this franchise to "pull a Nintendo" and do spin-offs after spin-offs.

Example: Mega Man Ultimate (have it be an open world, multiplayer optional, and have all stages blend into the environment with enemies and all bosses).

Mega Man Arcade 2015 (Arcade style fighting like street fighter containing all Heroes and Villains)

Mega Man 2015 (New game with new bosses Mega Man original format).

But no, what does Capcom do? Put Mega Man to pasture and say to us "He's dead Jim"...

If you are not playing the game, then you are letting the game play you. Twitter: @Hypnotikid

BBS Signature

Response to We killed megaman!! 2014-04-12 17:16:18

At 4/11/14 10:22 AM, Chdonga wrote: We didn't kill Megaman. Capcom killed Megaman to spite Inafune for leaving.

Pretty much this.

Even tho the Tsujimoto Bros. don't want to admit it (publicly) we all know the death of Mega Man was caused by inner-company politics.

Response to We killed megaman!! 2014-04-12 18:00:26

I like the MegaMan 2 boxart MegaMan. I think they should have stuck with that direction. Instead MegaMan progressively became more childlike as the series progressed. They abandoned the adult robot fighter to make him more a kid fighter. Most of the voices were kids.

Also anyone else notice how Dr. Light went from a genius doctor of robotics to a drooling blathering idiot as the series progressed as well? MegaMan 8 with its Elmer Fudd Dr. Light illustrates this very nicely.

I think the mistake was turning MegaMan into a kid robot and trying to make things "cutesy" as the series progressed. MegaMan 7 is bad enough but MegaMan 8? *shudders*

Want to play Flash games on Newgrounds again? See here