00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

ArkihamVA just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Oddboy18's Art Thread

1,375 Views | 8 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Oddboy18's Art Thread 2014-04-03 00:12:24

I feel that I should start an art thread. I've been drawing for a long period of time, but it wasn't til this year that I really wanted to get serious with it. I've leaned a lot from YouTube, but I know there's a lot I don't know. I think I'm decent, but looking at the Newgrounds art portal, I see I have a lot to learn.

Anyway, this is a character a made up just the other day in my sketchbook. The first time I colored a drawing and liked it.

Art portal page

Oddboy18's Art Thread

Response to Oddboy18's Art Thread 2014-04-03 02:32:39

At 4/3/14 12:12 AM, oddboy18 wrote: I feel that I should start an art thread. I've been drawing for a long period of time, but it wasn't til this year that I really wanted to get serious with it. I've leaned a lot from YouTube, but I know there's a lot I don't know. I think I'm decent, but looking at the Newgrounds art portal, I see I have a lot to learn.

Anyway, this is a character a made up just the other day in my sketchbook. The first time I colored a drawing and liked it.

Art portal page

Love the character design! Also really dig the style though, some of her anatomy is really messed up, for example the legs.

Response to Oddboy18's Art Thread 2014-04-03 07:26:27

At 4/3/14 02:32 AM, Mabelma wrote:
Love the character design! Also really dig the style though, some of her anatomy is really messed up, for example the legs.

I kinda figured the legs were a bit off. I tend to rush the legs when I'm drawing people.

Response to Oddboy18's Art Thread 2014-04-03 07:30:49

I'm working on another picture of Rosie Rocket. I'll be coloring it soon. BTW I use Sketchbook Pro for rough sketching and Manga Studio for cleanup.

Oddboy18's Art Thread

Response to Oddboy18's Art Thread 2014-04-03 18:01:18

At 4/3/14 07:30 AM, oddboy18 wrote: I'm working on another picture of Rosie Rocket. I'll be coloring it soon. BTW I use Sketchbook Pro for rough sketching and Manga Studio for cleanup.

Diggin your style. It sure has something to it.
Looks pretty solid so far. I agree with Mabelma though. You may want to put some work into the legs.
Expanding the distance between both legs will likely make it look less off.

I made a small redline to illustrate what I mean. Forgive my sloppyness. Im opperating on a mouse atm :P

I hope this is in someway helpfull.

Oddboy18's Art Thread

---------| You're welcome |----------

Response to Oddboy18's Art Thread 2014-04-03 18:56:19

At 4/3/14 06:01 PM, BazookaBonsai wrote:

:You may want to put some work into the legs.

Expanding the distance between both legs will likely make it look less off.

I made a small redline to illustrate what I mean. Forgive my sloppyness. Im opperating on a mouse atm :P

I hope this is in someway helpful.

This is actually very helpful. Thanks a bunch!

Response to Oddboy18's Art Thread 2014-04-03 22:28:09

So I attempted to fix the legs, and then colored it. I appreciate the help!

Oddboy18's Art Thread

Response to Oddboy18's Art Thread 2014-04-04 19:50:13

At 4/3/14 07:26 AM, oddboy18 wrote:
At 4/3/14 02:32 AM, Mabelma wrote:
I kinda figured the legs were a bit off. I tend to rush the legs when I'm drawing people.

Totally understand, my tip is to do everything as a whole, rather than work on things separately, that way, you kinda "carve" the whole thing in unison and nothing gets more attention that anything else. That way you won't rush anything :)

Response to Oddboy18's Art Thread 2014-04-09 22:23:58

I did a bit of practice in my sketchbook. Also watched "Taken" for the first time. It's a 5x7 sketchbook. I darkened it so it could be seen better.

Oddboy18's Art Thread