00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Ryor just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Graphics Insecurities/obsession

602 Views | 4 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Graphics Insecurities/obsession 2014-04-01 17:06:02

"The Wiiu is not under powered compared to 360 and ps3"- Insecure fanboy.

Why do some people feel like this is a valid argument to compare the capabilities of a console that's not even two years old to two others that's damn near a decade old? When a debate of current gen consoles occur why is the Wii U's graphical capabilities excluded from comparison to it's current gen competitors and taken back to last generation? It's just an annoying observation that fanboys use to mask their insecurities in there own purchase. If your going to back your reasoning on why you like what you like do it in a way that makes you and your preferences look good. And graphic whores, just chill out. It doesn't take super vision to tell that our current gen visuals are superior to 7th gen. If it's that serious just get a PC.

QOTW:

"I hate you because you never pass up and opportunity to mention that you are a "female"-Wreckr

How to review like your opinion matters

BBS Signature

Response to Graphics Insecurities/obsession 2014-04-01 18:16:49

I don't think that's an insecurity at all. I'd say it was a fairly accurate comparison, and if you enjoy Nintendo games then yeah, get a Wii U.

illicit makes a damn good signature.

BBS Signature

Response to Graphics Insecurities/obsession 2014-04-01 18:25:23

The thing that doesn't make sense is why all the PS3 and Xbox 360 multi-platfom games AREN'T also being released on the Wii U.

It is basically the same hardware as the PS3 and 360, but better.

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to Graphics Insecurities/obsession 2014-04-02 19:54:36

At 4/1/14 06:25 PM, Painbringer wrote: The thing that doesn't make sense is why all the PS3 and Xbox 360 multi-platfom games AREN'T also being released on the Wii U.

It is basically the same hardware as the PS3 and 360, but better.

Better? Better as far as graphics, sure. But the tablet Controller can make gameplay comfort difficult for many past multiplats plus it's 2014 and they barely have any online capabilities. Third Party Developers will be bleeding money selling half baked multi-plats on the WiiU. Which is why WiiU barely has any third party support to begin with.

QOTW:

"I hate you because you never pass up and opportunity to mention that you are a "female"-Wreckr

BBS Signature

Response to Graphics Insecurities/obsession 2014-04-02 20:10:01

At 4/1/14 06:16 PM, iMini wrote: I don't think that's an insecurity at all. I'd say it was a fairly accurate comparison, and if you enjoy Nintendo games then yeah, get a Wii U.

Yes it is. You don't stand up for current technology by comparing it to tech that's in it's twilight years. I don't see how that proves anything except that your not secure in your purchase. Where's the logic in that? If I was defending WiiU I would talk up its exclusives not coping out by saying that it's better then a console that came out in 2005, well no shit.

QOTW:

BBS Signature