00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Ryor just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Post-rock With Fl Studio

2,004 Views | 3 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Post-rock With Fl Studio 2014-03-31 10:49:14

Hello everyone! I have a question.

Is it possible to produce good quality post-rock with FL Studio? I'm a drummer and I've been searching for a band but nobody in my hometown wants to play post-rock. So I'm stuck with producing my own. Are there any specific VSTi's or sound packs for psychedelic/ambient and post-rock? I know the genre is quite challenging, time consuming and it takes patience so any tips on how to start producing could be useful. Thanks!

Response to Post-rock With Fl Studio 2014-03-31 18:18:25

Uhmm, you kind of need guitars to make post-rock. Even if you synthesized everything, I think the genre is largely about expression, and it would sound far too sterile.

So I say maybe try a different style.

BBS Signature

Response to Post-rock With Fl Studio 2014-03-31 19:15:47

^ you can record guitars into FL tho :v

on that note, guitar rig is kinda great! even if you don't use it on guitars it has pretty much all the effects you'd ever want (multi-tap/dub delay, phaser, flanger etc.) inside it.

p.s. i am gay

Response to Post-rock With Fl Studio 2014-04-01 20:46:23

At 3/31/14 07:15 PM, midimachine wrote: ^ you can record guitars into FL tho :v

on that note, guitar rig is kinda great! even if you don't use it on guitars it has pretty much all the effects you'd ever want (multi-tap/dub delay, phaser, flanger etc.) inside it.

I just assumed he doesn't play guitar since he said he's a drummer and can't find other post-rock musicians.

BBS Signature