00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

ArkihamVA just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Advice for a youngling?

732 Views | 2 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Advice for a youngling? 2014-03-26 18:11:35

So.....I'm Rilo15. Old name, everyone in the real world calls me Dizzy or my rap name, Sev.

I make music. Mainly hip hop. But I've played a couple church gigs and done some composing over the years.

I honestly feel like my music is good. It's not great, but hey, improvement. Right? Right...so I feel like my group honestly has potential. The problem is, things aren't moving like we'd expect. We're not making the type of music that goes on the radio, and to be honest, I feel like we don't have that strong of a social media presence. But those things are trifles compared to what's really bugging me.

I feel like if the quality of the music is good, then people will support it. Not necessarily support me (I'm not in any position to charge for my work.), but at least tell us, "Hey, you guys are doing something. Keep it up." But we're not getting that so I have this nagging feeling that there's something that we need to be working on. Not to go outside of the Audio Advertisement Thread, but I really feel like someone can tell me what it is we're doing wrong.

So.....any takers? Seasoned professionals? Grumpy house forumers? People who just want to keep this thread active? By all means, have at me. I need it. Thanks in advance.

Response to Advice for a youngling? 2014-03-26 19:05:10

Best to hook up with the Hip Hop Club.

Response to Advice for a youngling? 2014-03-26 20:17:07

if you expect too much you won't start good
just make music because you love doing it and never stop

at least that's my tip

Suck my kick!

BBS Signature