00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Schwicky just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Your inspiration.

1,071 Views | 13 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Your inspiration. 2014-03-24 15:40:46

The idea is simple: Just name a few artists that inspire the music you make. You can also list other inspirations if you like. (A certain place or person, etc.)

I have a huge variety of influences but some of the more direct ones include World's End Girlfriend, The Angelic Process, Godspeed You! Black Emperor, and Slowdive.

Feel free to discuss common inspirations and explain why they have such an impact on you.

BBS Signature

Response to Your inspiration. 2014-03-24 17:25:09

At 3/24/14 03:40 PM, Earthmover wrote: The idea is simple: Just name a few artists that inspire the music you make. You can also list other inspirations if you like. (A certain place or person, etc.)

Well originally the people who inspired me to start making music were Kid2Will, and Envy. But nowadays I get much of my inspiration from Avicii, Steerner, and people like Martin Garrix, or Showtek.

Im getting better, I'll be famous one day.

Response to Your inspiration. 2014-03-24 18:25:26

haywyre, aphex twin, nosaj thing, above & beyond, mat zo, tycho, astral projection, shpongle, etc...

lel

BBS Signature

Response to Your inspiration. 2014-03-24 18:32:53

My inspirations are Aphex Twin, Nine Inch Nails, Boards of Canada, Yonderboi. My own feelings, and being bored.

Response to Your inspiration. 2014-03-24 18:35:10

death cab, the cure, crywank, all the juke/footwork and every late 90s/early 00s pop punk band ever

anyway that's what's inspiring me right now yea

p.s. i am gay

Response to Your inspiration. 2014-03-24 18:39:12

At 3/24/14 06:35 PM, midimachine wrote: death cab, the cure, crywank, all the juke/footwork and every late 90s/early 00s pop punk band ever

anyway that's what's inspiring me right now yea

ur dick inspires me

lel

BBS Signature

Response to Your inspiration. 2014-03-24 19:48:07

At 3/24/14 06:44 PM, LichLordMusic wrote: Nachtmahr, Reaper, FGFC820, C-Lekktor, Wumpscut, Xperiment, Psyclon Nine, Suicide Commando, PreEmptive Strike 0.1, SIN D.N.A, God Module, Hocico etc.

So much good music!

This might be a long shot but do you by any chance enjoy industrial music?

BBS Signature

Response to Your inspiration. 2014-03-24 19:49:38

I forgot to mention that the movies of director Ben Wheatley are pretty influential to me.

BBS Signature

Response to Your inspiration. 2014-03-25 12:57:21

Believe it or not what origially inspired me, or i should rather say 'evolved my understanding and opened me up to music.
Are actually two people i didnt even know by name so i had to look them up just yet.

Their names are Takashi Tateishi and Manami Matsumae, the people who made the music for megaman 1 and 2.

Those two games were THE most influential on my direction toward music in life.
Later obviously i was much inspired by the famous Nobuo uematsu aswell. But also the logic and ratio of Bach (later in life though) helped me tremendously to develope my composing skill more.

But yeah the core inspiration were the megaman 1 and 2 composers.

Original, classical and retro videogame music composer. (No longer take project clients from newgrounds but if you need a track or two from what ive got pm me.)

Response to Your inspiration. 2014-03-26 05:39:35

ehm well do have a lot of them actually but will list a few:
Avizura, Headhunterz, Wildstylez, Noisecontrollers, Armin van Buuren, Ferry Corsten, Tiesto

Response to Your inspiration. 2014-03-27 12:25:26

Jyukai, Nobuo Uematsu, Yasuharu Takanashi, Yasunori Mitsuda and Kajiura Yuki!
These folk were awesome inspirational influences for me.

Response to Your inspiration. 2014-03-27 16:38:18

Depeche Mode, Wumpscut, Laibach, Enigma and Vader Abraham pretty much define the sound I like. I try to create my own sound and I hope one day I'll evolve into something decent.

Response to Your inspiration. 2014-04-04 01:27:00

RHCP (Specifically John Frusciante), NIN, Soundgarden, Alanis Morissette, Garbage, The Doors, Pearl Jam, Smashing Pumpkins, etc...Although most of my main influences are 90's alternative bands, my music is actually very different because it takes elements from everything I listen to, I try to avoid percussion however because of the lack of musicality. Honestly it just sounds like accenting to me rather than instrumentation itself. That's just me though...Doesn't mean that I don't love Neil Peart, Mike Portnoy, or Matt Cameron...

Dom Spike, the wannabe Lizard King...

BBS Signature

Response to Your inspiration. 2014-04-04 04:29:09

Andy Mckee, Alice in Chains, RHCP, Primus, Tool, Jimi Hendrix, Eric Clapton, Dave Wise, Nobuo Uematsu, Pearl Jam, Pink Floyd, Stone Temple Pilots, RATM, Audioslave, various 90s rap artists, lots of rand EDM.

I'll die before I can finish listing em.