00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Side Scrolling Shooter Coder Needed

605 Views | 2 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Hi,

I recently started planning a side scrolling shooting game and want to take it from paper onto the computer. As of right now, it's only on paper and I'm still in the planning stage (something you're more than welcome to help with). I'm going to start drawing on computer soon.

I'll be honest- I've never made a full flash game before, just a few little levels to learn basic ActionScript. But I love drawing- especially on Flash and Photoshop.

If you want to be a part of this, let me know! You don't have to be an expert either- we can learn together. I just want to have fun and make a fun, badass game. If we end up making profits we can split it. I'm not in it for the money.

Response to Side Scrolling Shooter Coder Needed 2014-04-30 15:18:48

Definitely interested in this. I am a reasonably amateur programmer but like you said I don't have to be an expert. Wouldn't mind hearing your ideas on various game-play aspects you had in mind e.g. abilities, story, graphics, characters, levels, goals.
I am currently working in HTML5 as it is a good platform to work with (I noticed you mentioned Flash, would the game have to be done in flash (not a problem)).
If you want my help you can PM me, reply or email me: kylewatson98@gmail.com

BBS Signature

Response to Side Scrolling Shooter Coder Needed 2014-06-09 08:05:28

At 4/30/14 03:18 PM, DrFishBowl wrote: Definitely interested in this. I am a reasonably amateur programmer but like you said I don't have to be an expert. Wouldn't mind hearing your ideas on various game-play aspects you had in mind e.g. abilities, story, graphics, characters, levels, goals.
I am currently working in HTML5 as it is a good platform to work with (I noticed you mentioned Flash, would the game have to be done in flash (not a problem)).
If you want my help you can PM me, reply or email me: kylewatson98@gmail.com

Hey, I'm pretty new to the forum and Flash altogether and want to make a new side-scrolling spaceship shooter game (similar to R-Type, Gradius, Scramble, Defender, etc.). Can you please help (with images)?

"A video maker who's looking forward to being a Flash professional"

BBS Signature