00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

809118566 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Some Muslims don't want Freedom

1,974 Views | 27 Replies

Some Muslims don't want Freedom 2014-02-26 20:04:13

Some Muslims don't want Freedom of Speech. Or only Freedom of Speech when you agree with their religious beliefs?

http://www.jihadwatch.org/2014/02/muslims-worldwide-sign-petition-to-ban-blasphemous-katy-perry-video-from-youtube

Jesus Christ the one True God of Love and Peace.

Response to Some Muslims don't want Freedom 2014-02-26 20:10:00

Largely a symbollic gesture of displeasure. Youtube is priate, the petitioners are private. No rights trampled either way.

Response to Some Muslims don't want Freedom 2014-02-26 20:15:32

At 2/26/14 08:10 PM, Camarohusky wrote: Largely a symbollic gesture of displeasure. Youtube is priate, the petitioners are private. No rights trampled either way.

If you don't like it, change the channel. - Common Sense

Response to Some Muslims don't want Freedom 2014-02-26 22:11:52

At 2/26/14 08:15 PM, TheKlown wrote: If you don't like it, change the channel. - Common Sense

I wonder what people would be doing if Katy Perry had instead chosen someone with a cross pendant to be destroyed.

This is IMO is barely over the line of being offensive, when I originally saw it I thought how it was a little offensive towards Muslims but didn't think much of it. This though isn't really an attack against freedom, if anything it's an exercise of it. The people in this situation who don't want the freedom of speech are those who think that voicing displeasure over something violates someone elses freedom of speech.

"If you don't mind smelling like peanut butter for two or three days, peanut butter is darn good shaving cream.

" - Barry Goldwater.

BBS Signature

Response to Some Muslims don't want Freedom 2014-02-27 00:28:01

How the hell does someone catch that in the Music Video anyways? It was so fast!

Response to Some Muslims don't want Freedom 2014-02-27 19:35:28

At 2/26/14 08:15 PM, TheKlown wrote:
At 2/26/14 08:10 PM, Camarohusky wrote: Largely a symbollic gesture of displeasure. Youtube is priate, the petitioners are private. No rights trampled either way.
If you don't like it, change the channel. - Common Sense

In other words, a pure Epic Failure when it comes to people trying to ban something not meant to be banned in the first place, because they don't have any common sense, this alone points out how un-wise these people really are.

Response to Some Muslims don't want Freedom 2014-02-27 21:59:03

At 2/26/14 08:15 PM, TheKlown wrote: If you don't like it, change the channel. - Common Sense

Muslims and common sense rarely go hand to hand together. Among all the world's religions, the Muslims are the most thin skinned out of all of them, which is no wonder why they're despised and looked down upon.

Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature

Response to Some Muslims don't want Freedom 2014-02-27 22:11:02

At 2/27/14 09:59 PM, orangebomb wrote:
Muslims and common sense rarely go hand to hand together.

An argumentative fallacy on many levels.

Among all the world's religions, the Muslims are the most thin skinned out of all of them,

Please back up your claim.

which is no wonder why they're despised and looked down upon.

The Muslim faith is not looked down upon any more than Christianity is looked down upon as they are based on the same theologies.

BBS Signature

Response to Some Muslims don't want Freedom 2014-02-27 22:29:40

At 2/27/14 10:11 PM, leanlifter1 wrote:

Tell me, why is it that you have to contradict me on everything?

How so? While not all Muslims (Middle East or otherwise) are like this, time and time again, we've seen a disproportionate amounts of general real butthurt coming from them.

Do you even pay attention to any creditable news source? The Muslims seem to have a habit of getting pissed off over the most trivial things, any Google search on them with prove it.

The Muslim faith is not looked down upon any more than Christianity is looked down upon as they are based on the same theologies.

The theology is irrelevant. Also, you don't see the Christians, Jews or anyone else get this violent on this grand of a scale in modern times, yet Islam does. Now you see why they get this bad rap, they would rather settle their differences through mass carnage or play the oppressed victim card to get what they want.

BBS Signature

Response to Some Muslims don't want Freedom 2014-02-27 23:13:25

At 2/27/14 10:29 PM, orangebomb wrote:
At 2/27/14 10:11 PM, leanlifter1 wrote:
Tell me, why is it that you have to contradict me on everything?

I simply pointed out the logical fallacies in your opinions. Or are you suggesting we just let it slide.

How so? While not all Muslims (Middle East or otherwise) are like this, time and time again, we've seen a disproportionate amounts of general real butthurt coming from them.

You wrote "Muslims and common sense rarely go hand to hand together." Which is a Hasty Generalization fallacy.

Do you even pay attention to any creditable news source?

Not saying that all major news networks are always telling half truths but they do have a biased.

The Muslims seem to have a habit of getting pissed off over the most trivial things, any Google search on them with prove it.

How about you google search to provide reason for the opinions of yours that I am claiming are logical fallacies.

The theology is irrelevant.

Muslim is a theology so theology is directly relevant to the debate. Otherwise you are not bad mouthing Muslim theology but rather some extremist Middle eastern people.

Also, you don't see the Christians, Jews or anyone else get this violent on this grand of a scale in modern times, yet Islam does.

Once again this is not a Muslim theology created problem rather a problem created by a relatively small group of Middle Eastern extremists. Did the Qur'an tell the Muslims to act out in violence ? Or was the violence cause by some Middle Eastern rebels ? These are the question to ask. I don't think the Qur'an preaches violence I think it advocates peace.

"As-salamu alaykum" Muslim for peace be onto you.

BBS Signature

Response to Some Muslims don't want Freedom 2014-02-28 09:15:04

At 2/26/14 10:11 PM, Warforger wrote:
I wonder what people would be doing if Katy Perry had instead chosen someone with a cross pendant to be destroyed.

This is IMO is barely over the line of being offensive, when I originally saw it I thought how it was a little offensive towards Muslims but didn't think much of it. This though isn't really an attack against freedom, if anything it's an exercise of it. The people in this situation who don't want the freedom of speech are those who think that voicing displeasure over something violates someone elses freedom of speech.

Who the hell cares if it's offensive? Offensive is good, offensive challenges set beliefs and shows that freedom of expression is going strong

by all means... ask

BBS Signature

Response to Some Muslims don't want Freedom 2014-02-28 10:48:21

At 2/28/14 09:15 AM, laughatyourfuneral wrote:
Who the hell cares if it's offensive? Offensive is good, offensive challenges set beliefs and shows that freedom of expression is going strong

There's a fine line between making a point and using argumentative fallacies.

BBS Signature

Response to Some Muslims don't want Freedom 2014-02-28 21:04:03

At 2/27/14 09:59 PM, orangebomb wrote: Muslims and common sense rarely go hand to hand together. Among all the world's religions, the Muslims are the most thin skinned out of all of them, which is no wonder why they're despised and looked down upon.

Nah Christianity is worse. Just look at the "War on Christmas" media craze on Fox News. Otherwise, the video had a man with a Crescent Moon being turned to dust, I'll bet that if the man had a Cross and he was being turned to dust in the video you'd be angry about how offensive that is.

"If you don't mind smelling like peanut butter for two or three days, peanut butter is darn good shaving cream.

" - Barry Goldwater.

BBS Signature

Response to Some Muslims don't want Freedom 2014-02-28 21:37:41

At 2/28/14 09:04 PM, Warforger wrote:
Nah Christianity is worse. Just look at the "War on Christmas" media craze on Fox News. Otherwise, the video had a man with a Crescent Moon being turned to dust, I'll bet that if the man had a Cross and he was being turned to dust in the video you'd be angry about how offensive that is.

What does a dam media publicity stunt have to do with Christian Religion being Evil ?

BBS Signature

Response to Some Muslims don't want Freedom 2014-02-28 22:14:02

At 2/28/14 09:37 PM, leanlifter1 wrote: What does a dam media publicity stunt have to do with Christian Religion being Evil ?

It doesn't, he just said that Islam was the most sensitive religion whereas as I stated that it isn't and rather Christianity is.

" - Barry Goldwater.

BBS Signature

Response to Some Muslims don't want Freedom 2014-02-28 22:17:37

At 2/28/14 10:14 PM, Warforger wrote:
At 2/28/14 09:37 PM, leanlifter1 wrote: What does a dam media publicity stunt have to do with Christian Religion being Evil ?
It doesn't, he just said that Islam was the most sensitive religion whereas as I stated that it isn't and rather Christianity is.

Frig I don't think that we can legitimately quantify that. A better way to put it would be to say that Christianity has more bigot's in their cult.

BBS Signature

Response to Some Muslims don't want Freedom 2014-03-01 00:53:02

At 2/28/14 10:17 PM, leanlifter1 wrote: Frig I don't think that we can legitimately quantify that. A better way to put it would be to say that Christianity has more bigot's in their cult.

With 2 billion followers of Christianity, I highly doubt that they would be considered a cult compared to 2000 years ago, also because of their high number of followers, of course there are going to be more bigots because they have more people, though the difference wouldn't be by much compared to Islam, which have a billion and a half adherents.

While it is true that some of Christians get over sensitive over what they perceive to be a slight towards them, a lot of Muslims are just as fanatical as Christians, and are far more prone to extreme violence because of this than anyone else, though to be honest, the gap is very, very close.

BBS Signature

Response to Some Muslims don't want Freedom 2014-03-01 01:03:42

At 3/1/14 12:53 AM, orangebomb wrote:
With 2 billion followers of Christianity, I highly doubt that they would be considered a cult compared to 2000 years ago, also because of their high number of followers, of course there are going to be more bigots because they have more people, though the difference wouldn't be by much compared to Islam, which have a billion and a half adherents.

A cult is a religious group that is based on deviant doctrine. Christianity is defiantly a Cult and a very big one at that. I personally consider the advocation of the killing of people because they are non believers in a certain religious doctrine or Deity to be of deviant behavior.

BBS Signature

Response to Some Muslims don't want Freedom 2014-03-01 02:44:24

At 3/1/14 01:03 AM, leanlifter1 wrote:
At 3/1/14 12:53 AM, orangebomb wrote:
A cult is a religious group that is based on deviant doctrine. Christianity is defiantly a Cult and a very big one at that. I personally consider the advocation of the killing of people because they are non believers in a certain religious doctrine or Deity to be of deviant behavior.

Christianity is for good people. They donate their money, time, food for good causes, and when someone goes Missing in their town they're the ones out donating their time to help find that person. Religious people, real ones are not bad people. It's the few people that do crazy shit like Murder innocent people that the Media likes to come out and say "He was a Christian". BTW, I'm not Christian but I do wish I was more religious because I have sinned a lot in my life.

Response to Some Muslims don't want Freedom 2014-03-01 06:12:24

At 3/1/14 02:44 AM, TheKlown wrote:
Christianity is for good people. They donate their money, time, food for good causes, and when someone goes Missing in their town they're the ones out donating their time to help find that person. Religious people, real ones are not bad people. It's the few people that do crazy shit like Murder innocent people that the Media likes to come out and say "He was a Christian". BTW, I'm not Christian but I do wish I was more religious because I have sinned a lot in my life.

The fact is that according to the very word of God Christianity is deviant and unmoral which makes Christians willfully ignorant.

BBS Signature

Response to Some Muslims don't want Freedom 2014-03-01 09:50:51

At 2/28/14 09:15 AM, laughatyourfuneral wrote: Who the hell cares if it's offensive? Offensive is good, offensive challenges set beliefs and shows that freedom of expression is going strong

This isn't some artsy music, a political message, a book, or an artsy movie. This is Katy Perry. Her music is not meant to be art and therefore when it contains such iconography, it is NOT meant to be a political statement (even about pushing the envelope).

People seem to stupidly think that because something is in the guise of an art form that it must be art. NOPE. Katy Perry is a pure lay-person entertainment vehicle. It is not meant to challenge the mind or open the soul. It is meant to appeal to basic emotions and make her money. You could call it exploitation music. It exploits the masses desire to hear mindless but peppy tunes.

Response to Some Muslims don't want Freedom 2014-03-01 10:03:19

Okay, I admit that Katy Perry isn't the best singer out there, but honestly, Justin Bieber deserves a worldwide ban much better. Make a worldwide ban to Uwe Boll movies, because those are insulting to anyone who has a brain, which is everyone...except Uwe Boll fans.

You know the world's gone crazy when the best rapper's a white guy and the best golfer's a black guy - Chris Rock

Response to Some Muslims don't want Freedom 2014-03-01 13:28:20

At 3/1/14 10:31 AM, lapis wrote:
I read a quote once, (probably mis)attributed to Oscar Wilde, saying that when an artist so much as takes money or societal approval into basic consideration he/she ceases to be an artist and becomes a prostitute instead.

That what I was thinking when I created my banner for use here on NGS Politics forum. I think it is a wonderful work that challenges the status quo and forces people to think .

BBS Signature

Response to Some Muslims don't want Freedom 2014-03-01 14:36:27

At 3/1/14 10:31 AM, lapis wrote: I was going to disagree with Camaro, arguing that probably every notably provocative artist throughout history had contemporaries accuse him/her of doing it for the money/fame,

Good, cause that's not the point I was making.

I waking the argument that there are tiers of art, with the VAST super-duper-uber-majority of artistic work being of the lacks artistic value variety. I mean, photography is art, but does that make every photograph on facebook a work of art worthy of a place in a museum? HA!

Wat makes art art is the message, the intention of their being a message, and the nature in which the message is told.

Katy Perry has never once ever even tried to claim that there was a point to her music beyond the mere entertainment of the common American person. There's no message to California Girl except that Ms. Perry likes her tits and your money.

The mere quest for money doesn't deny something artistic value. However, the heady nature of most actual art does have a tendency to distract the masses, even among those who would be able to actually understand it fully. Only those who want to see art to enjoy the depth actually pay (hence the pathetic box office showing for this year's slate of Oscar bait films.) People at up Start Wars claiming it was science fiction (FYI, it's not), and then Blade Runner comes out with a serious artistic point and it gets shunned and panned as being 'boring' and 'too complex'.

Katy Perry is of the vapid entertainment art only folks, and therefore she needs to either get out of message making, or make the message very clearly to ensure that the masses who watch it don't merely see it as some rich valley girl being offensive to make a buck.

Response to Some Muslims don't want Freedom 2014-03-01 16:14:33

At 3/1/14 04:10 PM, lapis wrote: Hmm, looking at it again I'm not sure whether Katy Perry ever intended to provoke or if it was just a mistake. Maybe that's a cause for confusion. What do you think about actions that clearly were meant to provoke, like Madonna's mock-crucifixion in Rome? Art or not?

What is art?

BBS Signature

Response to Some Muslims don't want Freedom 2014-03-01 16:18:03

At 3/1/14 04:16 PM, Razefan wrote: As a muslim I am appalled that this censorship is being advocated under my religions name.

But JihadWatch is probably one of the dumbest websites I have ever seen….

Well, it is a site TheKlown frequents, so...

BBS Signature

Response to Some Muslims don't want Freedom 2014-03-01 16:18:32

At 3/1/14 04:14 PM, Feoric wrote:
At 3/1/14 04:10 PM, lapis wrote: Hmm, looking at it again I'm not sure whether Katy Perry ever intended to provoke or if it was just a mistake. Maybe that's a cause for confusion. What do you think about actions that clearly were meant to provoke, like Madonna's mock-crucifixion in Rome? Art or not?
What is art?

A regurgitation of the zeitgeist - meaning spirit of the times or dominant school of thought of a certain period.

BBS Signature

Response to Some Muslims don't want Freedom 2014-03-06 13:11:03

I can't even see why it's such a big deal. I can't even see why it's offensive

The cake is a liar!

BBS Signature