00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

christopher54000 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Uploading

1,001 Views | 5 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Uploading 2014-02-23 21:53:15

I am new here to NG and I was trying to upload a song from my computer... I realized that these song files could only be 22 MB and I was wondering how to maybe condense my file more to be able to upload it. As of now it is only a few MB too large, however, it is also only about a minute of audio, so the song itself could not be shortened. How would I go about getting my song uploaded?

Response to Uploading 2014-02-23 22:40:25

Try uploading an mp3

Response to Uploading 2014-02-23 23:40:56

Good luck,

~J

Thanks so much for the help!

Response to Uploading 2014-02-24 02:48:30

You don't necessarily need a converter. If it's a song you made yourself in a DAW you should be able to export it to an mp3 straight from the DAW. Might be easier than downloading a seperate program just to convert the file.

There's more on Soundcloud.

Response to Uploading 2014-02-24 06:49:45

At 2/24/14 02:48 AM, FirewallParadox wrote: You don't necessarily need a converter. If it's a song you made yourself in a DAW you should be able to export it to an mp3 straight from the DAW. Might be easier than downloading a seperate program just to convert the file.

In ableton I can only export .wav - I suggest you download freeware audacity and download the LAME encoder then you can import files and export mp3 with a specified bitrate

Response to Uploading 2014-02-24 13:06:54

Also, for whatever format you're converting into (mp3). Try to convert from the highest quality you can get, to minimise any loss that can happen through conversion.

Set your final file bitrate as high as the destination website will allow for (in this case: Newgrounds), again, to try to maintain the highest quality file you can get.

Audio Artists required for Charity Album: Read further information here The charity is Jambange

BBS Signature