00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Em0-Snail just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Why Can't Wars be fought w/ robots?

3,824 Views | 33 Replies

Response to Why Can't Wars be fought w/ robots? 2014-03-03 16:03:56

The funny part Is about this thread Is the fact that certain countries have already been using robots to fight wars and have been doing so for quite a few years now. Although some people believe this Is a more safer approach rather then sending In humans and dealing with massive casualties, Why not send In robots who cares If they get killed they don't have feelings right?

Sounds like a great Idea however It would cost billions of dollars to fund this kind of robotic military, Who's gonna pay for that? I sure as hell don't want my taxes going towards this and I bet others would strongly agree as well.

Secondly you know a robot Is considered a computer right? And you know computers can get hacked and get virus's often In this day and age.

May I remind the thread starter about "the war against the machines"
I'm sure you and many others have seen this movie, And In all honest I'd say It's a really bad Idea to send out robots to fight our wars.

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/ZARTexyXVtg?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/ZARTexyXVtg?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Response to Why Can't Wars be fought w/ robots? 2014-03-03 16:10:10

Response to Why Can't Wars be fought w/ robots? 2014-03-04 15:50:31

Yea, I have seen every Terminator and Matrix movie. I agree, intelligent machines should not exist. I'm not saying I support a robotic army, it was just a topic starter really, to get the ball rolling and see what you all think.

You've all made very logical points as to why a robotic army is not feasible and I get that. I agree with you. So, that being said, what other alternatives do we have? Any ideas and thoughts on that? I realize war is sometimes a necessity, but we've seen first hand that these days diplomacy is the preferred method, in most cases. Diplomacy the best policy as they say.

War may not be unavoidable at this point in time, but what are some diplomatic alternatives, or soft-ways of handling disputes without the immediate need for human casualties or war? Any ideas on ways we could better handle countries like, say, China or Russia?(i know, they are difficult to handle, and oft-times uncompromising)

Response to Why Can't Wars be fought w/ robots? 2014-03-08 10:16:19

We don't have to make them intelligent. Even the smartest machines on Earth like ASIMO are still nowhere near to having sentience like a human, so really, we wouldn't feel much guilt about killing them. Then again, a machine would have to be more complex to be able to destroy like that. Unless they were remote controlled or something, so I guess we could kill them like that. Of course, it would just be a giant game and not an actual war.

You know the world's gone crazy when the best rapper's a white guy and the best golfer's a black guy - Chris Rock