00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

NeonBot just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

walk threw for 'idle farmer'

13,012 Views | 5 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

walk threw for 'idle farmer' 2014-02-14 11:36:11

link to game- http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/632535

1.a Personal introduction

Hello ok26201ok on newgrounds.com (do not ask about the name please.) This is my first guide so please bare with me.

1.b Game introduction

The name of the game is Idle Farming a idle/active farming game which the purpose is to increase your score and earn oodles of money. Sounds simple enough but after 2 weeks of playing it this becomes both tedious and increasing difficult. Yet it is also like a drug you can not stop. Yes Junjo (on newgrounds.com) is an evil mastermind. I really do hope he makes a sequel with many of the suggestions posted. I'll get into that later. For now some basics.

2.a Guide easy search section

The guide easy search section. Not much you need to know about this. Control + F to open search #.X to find the section desired.

1 Introductions
1.a Personal introduction
1.b Game introduction
2 Guide and updates
2.a Guide easy search section
2.b Updates to guide
3 Game basics
3.a Crops and watering
3.b Flowers
3.c Merchant
3.d Girls
3.e Chickens and chicken merchant
3.f Upgrades
4 Strategy
4.a Strategy- basic/econ
4.b Strategy- pro/flower
4.c Endgame
5 Legal stuff and everything else
5.a FAQ
5.b Legal
5.c Contacts
5.d Suggestions
5.e sequel ideas
5.f my progressions timetable

2.b Updates to guide

v1.00- wrote everything [Feb. 09/2014]
v1.01- added 2.b update section and 5.f my progressions timetable and updated 3.e chicken section and renamed it. [Feb. 13/2014]
v1.02- updated 5.f progression timetable. Updated 3.d girl/wife section. Updated 5.e sequel ideas. Minor update to 4.a econ strategy. [Feb. 14/2014 morning]
V1.03- Fixed minor spelling errors and the found grammar errors. [Feb. 14/2014 evening]

3.a Crops

There are a total of 8 crops for the 4 plots you can unlock (In order of unlocking): Potatoes, Carrots, Wheat (which is used for chicken feed. 4 bundles for starting and 10 for star 1), Tomatoes, Cucumbers, Peppers, Grapes (this one I am not sure of) and Corn. (level 9/17/25 and so on are better versions of potatoes and the order starts again) Each one take longer that the previous in their grow rates and harvesting speeds. I have not found the speeds but I have a base I follow. For every level of crop level add 1 second grow time and 1/4th a second harvest time with a default of 4 seconds to grow and 1 second harvest. (This is not including bonuses of tool or harvest skills) Again this is a base 'I' follow. Now for watering. There are 2 things to note of this. The amount of time it takes to water a plot and the bonus. I have not figured into this very much due to lack of using the ye old watering can myself. However the second thing to note about watering is when active it doubles growth. (example a crop that would take 4 seconds to grow will in 2 for the cost of 2 seconds of water. Each plot hold 20 seconds of water I think)

3.b Flowers

You may have noticed after a few harvests of your first potatoes that you may get a flower as a bonus. I find the odds about 25% (1 for every 4 or so averaged) per harvest of a crop. If you get the flower buff from the merchant I believe this increases to 75%. One last thing to say about flowers is that 8 = a bunch to give to a girl/wife.

3.c Merchant

I put this one first because this is the go to person for big bonuses of cash and flowers. The good about this guy. After about 15-30 minutes after completing the previous order he is back. I have not nailed the exact amount of time between orders. I know this as I was doing an order during a flower buff once. The amount you usually get from the merchant (cash wise) is usually the cost of between 400 to 1,000 of the best product you can shipped. The flower buff takes 50-100 of a product and takes half an hour of your time but is worth it for active players. The bad is you got to break farming rhythm to find out if he is back or not and if you are farming flowers or cash products and it can get annoying to find he is not back before you got to go idle for an extended period of time. (i.e. go to work)

3.d Girls

There are three girls Mayor's daughter or Janet, Dana and Brenda. Dana is the easiest to marry but Janet has the best starting buff. The starting buff for each one if you make them your wife is Janet is 5% sell bonus, Dana is 1.35 seconds of watering period every minute. Brenda reduces time to gather eggs to 8:46x2 (I think) There are 2 things to note about the girls before becoming your wife. 1: flowers are less effective at this state (especially without the 46m house or better) and 2: you get points for score for talking to them. If you want to max your score I suggest you talk to them to the point of almost marrying them then marry Janet. (more in this to come)

*UPDATE v1.02* The amount watered by the girl is based partly on how skilled at watering you are. At level 50 and 100% watering boost she fills the bar 25% per minute.

3.e Chickens and chicken merchant

You can not get these till you get a wife and she auto picks up eggs every 10minutes. (reduced by putting points in the skill.) Basically three things to note. 1: It takes 2 minutes for the feed to run out with 1 chicken (divide that by the number of chickens you have. 2 is 1 minute of feed and 3 is 40 seconds. At least this is how I base the numbers.) 2: you need eggs for the lunch buff. I think it is 5 eggs for the buff original casting of 1:30 and 10 wife exp then -10 seconds and -2 exp every extension from the last casting till you are down to :30 castings and 0 wife exp or the buff runs out. 3: egg merchant. The merchant does not buy eggs for a high enough price in my opinion unless you are doing it for the score.

*UPDATE v1.01* game v1.55 has increased egg prices and higher levels available than previous versions

3.f Upgrades

Simply put compost (grow speed) and tool (harvest/replant speed) I have not found an equation or anything for this section but I have found to keeping about 8 tool for every 7 compost (or keep the two similarly priced) works fairly well. However I would max them both before moving up to the next set of prosperity levels. (example lvl prosperity 4 for them is tool 160 and compost 125)

4.a Strategy- normal or the 'economy' (econ for short) strategy

Step one unlock plots and seed levels till you get to the 4 or 5th ones then start working on your tool and compost levels. Unlock the merchant right away and do the flower buff orders but do not change anything grown to normal standard. Simple and strait forward.

What you focus on (in order)

seed level
tool level
compost level
have merchant

What you mostly ignore

wife
chickens
house
egg merchant

The focus is money. You are going to want your harvest speed about 150% at seed level 8 (+20% every four additional seed levels till 16 then +10% every 4 if able.) and walking speed at about 30% and then dump every skill point you get into boosting profit. When you get the wife (by talking to her and making purchases that will cost a drop in the bucket) then you put every point you get into maximizing your profit intake. Maybe a single point into her other skills for bonus wife exp over time. When growing for the merchant grow 1 plot in the bottom left corner (closest to the credits/reset buttons and the one you start with) This way you will max your profit while slowly building the order up. This way if you are gone 8 hours you will have minimal lower quality crop and the most of the best crop.

Stats for a lvl 150 (best for merchant farming over a long period of time)

harvest-20 or 50%
water-0
run speed- 10 or 30%
marketability- 120 or 55.74%

You can put an extra 10 points into run speed from marketability in the earlier levels for time saving to get an extra few crops an hour. However I find 30% run speed boost more than enough most times. If you also find harvesting slow you can also do this for 5-10% more crops over an 8 hour stretch but about the same % profit less per harvest.

harvest- 50 or 85.5%
water- 0
run- 20 or 50%
marketability- 80 or 47.64%

Response to walk threw for 'idle farmer' 2014-02-14 11:41:03

actually this is strategy guide

4.a Strategy- normal or the 'economy' (econ for short) strategy

Step one unlock plots and seed levels till you get to the 4 or 5th ones then start working on your tool and compost levels. Unlock the merchant right away and do the flower buff orders but do not change anything grown to normal standard. Simple and strait forward.

seed level
tool level
compost level
have merchant

What you mostly ignore

wife
chickens
house
egg merchant

The focus is money. You are going to want your harvest speed about 150% at seed level 8 (+20% every four additional seed levels till 16 then +10% every 4 if able.) and walking speed at about 30% and then dump every skill point you get into boosting profit. When you get the wife (by talking to her and making purchases that will cost a drop in the bucket) then you put every point you get into maximizing your profit intake. Maybe a single point into her other skills for bonus wife exp over time. When growing for the merchant grow 1 plot in the bottom left corner (closest to the credits/reset buttons and the one you start with) This way you will max your profit while slowly building the order up. This way if you are gone 8 hours you will have minimal lower quality crop and the most of the best crop.

Stats for a lvl 150 (best for merchant farming over a long period of time)

harvest-20 or 50%
water-0
run speed- 10 or 30%
marketability- 120 or 55.74%

You can put an extra 10 points into run speed from marketability in the earlier levels for time saving to get an extra few crops an hour. However I find 30% run speed boost more than enough most times. If you also find harvesting slow you can also do this for 5-10% more crops over an 8 hour stretch but about the same % profit less per harvest.

harvest- 50 or 85.5%
water- 0
run- 20 or 50%
marketability- 80 or 47.64%

4.b Strategy- pro or the 'flower' strategy

Basically the same at the start but once you unlock level 8 crop you 180 your strategy. For starters DO NOT GO PAST LVL 8 CROPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This part is not for money but for flowers. You want as many as you can get.

House
compost level
girl liking you
merchant
chickens
egg merchant (optional)

What you mostly ignore

tool level
seed level (AGAIN DO NOT GO PAST 8)

This strategy is built for max flowers for max wife level by level 150. While the econ strat you will maybe have a lvl 20 wife and lvl 10 or 11 seeds by lvl 150 this strategy will allow you to have a wife easily level 50 able by the time you marry her. This is due to the fact of 3 days of farming almost nothing but the starter crop. (potatoes) This strategy is in fact more active heavy if you let it be. I am lvl 141 at the moment I am writing this with 350 flower bundles (and a flower buff just started) with Dana half way complete of the 'friend' level. (which btw all three girls are) and not 1 bundle used yet. This is due to the fact that when you can level the house you do so. NO QUESTIONS AND NO EXCEPTIONS!!! After the house you put what you can into the compost THEN the tool upgrades. You will see the reason when you see the stats. After you get a wife put ALL her points in EITHER chickens or watering (eggs if you are active playing and watering passively) and do not split them up till you are watering half a bar at a time or gathering all the eggs every 3 minutes. Then do the reverse. By the time your character is level 300 your wife should be about the half that. (note you will STILL be growing 1-8 level plants and should take about play time of 2 weeks for this point.) Also make sure there is 1 point in the skill you are not working on so you still earn exp. (and eggs if it comes to that) One more thing I suggest is get Brenda as your wife. You will earn much more exp faster for her than the others.

Dating stats (lvl 150)

Harvesting- 100 or 135.5%
Watering- 10 or 30%
Running- 20 or 50%
Market- 20 or 20%

With Wife

Harvest- 130 or 150%
Watering- 0
Running- 20 or 50%
Market- 0

(it is optional to keep the water or not depending how active you are feeling and which wife you get. Forget watering with Dana for example.)

dating step

The plots should be top left and bottom right are 'merchant' plots otherwise they are the top right plot (nearest to your house) is ALWAYS potatoes and the bottom left corn (or your best crop to level till you get corn) This is so you can earn 'some' cash while so you can get a better house. If you get to higher levels (or closer to getting a wife) then you can turn it into an extra merchant plot. Only remove this one for potatoes for the flower buff and BEFORE you turn over the order. Saves you a few seconds to dig up and replant. Also water the potatoes whenever you are on.

Wife step

Top left is always wheat and top right is always potatoes the other two are merchant plots. At this point it only would it be fine to move up to the level 10 seeds (making wheat your fastest growing.) as you can use the wheat you make to feed the birds increasing your profit margin to where you can afford more of the birds and better compost/tool upgrades or even the best house.

If you get the lvl 10 seeds your top right plot should become the wheat plot also and make the bottom left one the star potatoes/carrots. This way you will be getting what I would guess to be badly needed money. I suggest you do not go past this step until you feel ready for your endgame session. (or before you get bored and stop playing all together because at lvl 300 most would be lvl 17+ crops if not far beyond that)

4.c Endgame (level 200-300 I would think)

Well there is no real way to leader board but these two strategies should help you. However there will come a point where you want to maximize your scores. While the econ will help early off without the wife's help it will become a real grind later on as doing it the flower strat way seems like you are making no progress at all till the big leap. (haha marriage reference to the game and real life :p ) It really comes down to how long you are going to play this numbers game. Me 2 weeks now. (when I originally wrote this guide) You who knows. I reset before I did my endgame due to me not wanting to be a 'cheater' leader boarder.

Response to walk threw for 'idle farmer' 2014-02-14 11:52:22

I kinda messed up the last post by reposting section 4.a

5.a FAQ

Will implement more at a later time.

Q: Can this game be played offline?

A: Yes, it can but I find the leader board does not work for you if you go offline. Take care to note this.

Q: Is/Was there a money making bug?

A: v1.54 did have a easy money making bug in it but to my knowledge is fixed in 1.56 and I did use it but reset when v1.55 came out. There went 2m score! Full reset. And no I am not telling what it was.

Q: Is there a way to increase your exp faster than normal?

A: Yes, but it is a long and tedious process of planting your best crops (earning you exp) and digging them up before planting them again. (Which totals to -1 exp to what you would get for a normal harvest of said crop.) Unless you do this with econ strategy then it is not worth doing. Then again it makes it possible to level to insane levels while keeping everything else low.

5.b Legal

ok26201ok origionally wrote this guide on Feb.09/2014.

5.c Contacts

N/a

5.d Suggestions

A cancel button for the reset option would be nice instead of having to refresh the game.

More story is wanted. (Yes, people want harvest moon but then why not play it is my question! I got the game on my pc.)

Something to tell you when the merchant is back with a new job.

For fun an optional profit per minute gauge averaging out sense you last went to town would be kinda neat.

Be nice every time you refresh you do not reset your wife's timers.

A status menu that shows you time played, number of crops harvested and favorite, money gained, lvls of mastery earned ,(aka where prosperity was used) number of flower bundles gathered, eggs harvested, money made per egg averaged and per crop and anything else that could fit.

A better scale for wife watering. After lvl 48 watering you only will get .02'' of watering added per level compared to the original .08''. ( lvl 48 is 3.62'' as lvl 50 is 3.66'') Which makes this skill by far the most useless after lvl 10 and not worthwhile till it is well over lvl 150 as the others are worthwhile at lvl 10. Added bonuses like the gathering of an additional egg for that skill would be nice in the watering skill as well. The extra profit skill is good enough on it's own.

5.e sequel ideas

*NOTE I am not listing (most) names of who suggested. You can find this out in the feed back area.*

work in progress
I have to go threw the posts to find these and I wrote this offline.

Kids
bigger farm
barn animals
any form of story
a goal
more and varied types of upgrades
Seasons (and crops for such)
time of day/night cycles (and crops/animals for such)
weather (rain for example)
either gender main character (and for those that are satisfied by it same sex marriage and the 'kid' can be adopted)
crop specialization (example harvesting 1000 potatoes will increase your harvest speed/worth by 1%)

Luagor suggested (in feedback and I also spell checked it)
Events: thefts, crows/farm animals eating crops, travelers (maybe a man who want flowers bunches to impress a girl)
Items: scarecrow, auto-sprinklers, fences, bell, decorations, house parts or buildings like a barn...
Secrets: unlock new crops, items, power ups, find and raise rare wild animals, dishes for a better lunch boost, new musics...
More areas: forest, cave, pound, falls, land...
Could add many things you need to accomplish while active or idle. (achievements)
Lots for sale: The better you have, the more you can have grounds to raise crops, sell your current house for high or low prices in some cases.

5.f my progressions time line (time running the game)

6 hours unlocked lvl 8 seeds. (started writing guide)
18 hours made it to lvl 100 with 125 bunches of flowers
30 hours made it to lvl 150 with 400 bunches of flowers
42 hours made it to lvl 225 with 750 bunches of flowers. Leveled to 11 seeds and +25k chicken feed with 7 chickens. Just got wife. (when I wrote v1.01)
54 hours made it to lvl 250 and maxed house. Instantly leveled wife to lvl 80. (when I wrote v1.02)
66 hours made it to lvl 260 with 1,100 eggs (if none used for cooking) with upgrades at tool lvl 135 and compost 105. Lvl 2 egg merchant and lvl 4 prosperity on tool and compost. Still 7 chickens .(when I wrote v1.03)

Response to walk threw for 'idle farmer' 2014-02-26 17:57:36

102 hours made it to level 300. lvl 12 seeds and used over a total of 3k chicken feed. Bought 8th chicken. Wife level 95. 200k+ score. Lvl 3 egg merchant. Lvl 150 compost and lvl 225 tool. Working on compost/tool levels right now till they start costing about 10 mill to upgrade per. (when I wrote v1.04)

138 hours made it to 330. Going full tilt econ now. (check my end game update for more detail) wife is lvl 110. got lvl 13 seeds now (when I wrote v1.05)

216 hours made it to lvl400. Learned of v1.58 but still using v.157 due to using cache version. Broke 1b cash for the first time. Wife is lvl 135. Still have 18k chicken feed. (aka gained 7k wife exp from feedings alone!) (when I wrote 1.06)

264 hours. Lvl 425. using v1.58 full time now. Got lvl16 seeds, 10 chickens, (meaning wife gets 1 exp every 12 seconds now) and broke 500k score. WOOT! Not really as leader board minimal is now at 750k daily. Although I do have about 150k score in eggs as soon as I upgrade the egg merchant again. (about 12k eggs now)upgrades are now about 15m per and I go threw a prosper lvl every time I cash in the merchant harvest. I harvest about a billion (with a B) in roughly 90 minutes now and about to idle for the night for lvl17 seeds. (my first time getting them... got most my score last time from eggs) wife is a steady 1/3rd my level +30-40 levels at all times now. Which she is this.

chickens- 140
watering- 20
money-65

after 25 points into the profit it started taking 3 and a half levels to level her so I started into chickens again till 150. After I get it to 80 I will go to chickens again till it is 160-200. I am finding the wife needing about 1500 exp per level at 150.I have decided to run this till I get 1m points or till sunday comes again... I would like to sleep again without my laptop being on and I am too lazy to change settings.

312 hours lvl 500!!! Made this leap by going back and farming cheaper potatoes for 24 hours. Lvled to lvl 17 seeds after I did the 24 hour potato harvesting and did it again with lvl 17 seeds. Made more money than I needed to break 1 million score by upgrades. (when I wrote v1.08)

just to finish off the guide... but a few things to note...

1: I have 5 updates to put on here that I can not because I can not edit my posts.
2: I started this guide using game v1.55
3: I am still playing it after 350 hours
4: I keep reading how people are complaining about the wife. IF you follow my instructions she will be producing 20 exp every 5:09 when she gathers 5 eggs and she should have about a 15% income bonus as well and watering about 1/20 a bar every minute (or cut off 5 seconds of grow time)
5: I gained over 600k score from doing upgrades to tool/compost out of 1 mill
6: I have not heard anything about a sequal

Response to walk threw for 'idle farmer' 2014-02-26 19:13:00

Good stuff man, fair play

must have got a bit dull getting so good at the game? But I will be sure to consult your guide in the likely event that I play it again (far more likely now I have seen your guide)

Response to walk threw for 'idle farmer' 2014-03-03 07:27:20

I'm taiwan player
my English is very bad
so...I key in Chinese Language

我玩這遊戲有一段時間了
大約是在遊戲上傳1週後開始玩
因為重新整理網頁時
意外發現自己跑到了第1名,來留個言分享一下
我是一個機乎每天都在線上手動玩的玩家
遊戲初期1小時全程手動玩
之後就再也沒有澆水玩了
因為那太花時間