00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Wettle just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Stumped. Constantly.

355 Views | 3 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Stumped. Constantly. 2014-02-11 20:42:21

I love make up stories, comics, all of that stuff. Always have. The problem is, my thoughts are always scattered, I can only think of one scenario at a time, each scattered around, but never piece anything together that feels good. It’s a little tough to explain, but coming up with any orderly and sensical plot is extremely difficult due to this. Any advice?

im a good boy

BBS Signature

Response to Stumped. Constantly. 2014-02-12 04:18:16

At 2/11/14 08:42 PM, subject1337 wrote: I love make up stories, comics, all of that stuff. Always have. The problem is, my thoughts are always scattered, I can only think of one scenario at a time, each scattered around, but never piece anything together that feels good. It’s a little tough to explain, but coming up with any orderly and sensical plot is extremely difficult due to this. Any advice?

Don't NAME your story until after you write it and once your done with your story be done with it.. unless your writeing a never ending story like me in which case just think of the most bullshit ass thing to say and keep writeing about it untill your sick of it... and once your sick of it write something new in retrospect until you make up for all the bullshit you just wrote about and make it a real as possible.

-=eXpectWaves=-

XthreetwoloveX

Response to Stumped. Constantly. 2014-02-12 20:08:11

At 2/11/14 08:42 PM, subject1337 wrote: I love make up stories, comics, all of that stuff. Always have. The problem is, my thoughts are always scattered, I can only think of one scenario at a time, each scattered around, but never piece anything together that feels good. It’s a little tough to explain, but coming up with any orderly and sensical plot is extremely difficult due to this. Any advice?

Make a brainstorm document. Go wild with the ideas. I do this with every story I start, nd ften whn am wrting the doc, the txt looks liek ths. Because no one else is reading it, I can make it as messy as I feel like, and even ask myself questions for a later date.

Once you have a brainstorm document, you can start cutting out all the crap you don't need so you can get down to the heart of your story. Do it with a chainsaw if you have to. Then turn that brainstorm into an outline and you're ready for a prologue.

Visit writenow.wikia.com if you want to share your writing with a community. These writing forums seem pretty dead.

BBS Signature

Response to Stumped. Constantly. 2014-02-12 21:30:54

I like to picture my stories before I start writing them. I see them as TV shows playing in my head. That let's me run through scenarios & story lines so I can see if they work. Playing them like a show helps me keep on track & remember what has already happened. Hopefully this helps.

Anime isn't a fantasy world. It's a created reality.