00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Purpose of the Internet??

838 Views | 7 Replies

The Purpose of the Internet?? 2014-02-08 16:56:55

If you can answer this question I would totally be thrilled. It seems to me that all the internet really is, or has become, is either A. a training ground for cold-hearted little bratts B. A place for Banks to conspire to capitalize off of idiots C. A place to connect your self to people of the same interest D. A place for people to fok around and act evil.

I dunno I use to think that it was a place for people to unite and share ideas but I guess the movie the matrix changed all that now instead of people really trying to connect we just have a bunch of evil lord of the fly children hate on each other every chance they can get...

qcc??

this is what I have always invisioned the net to be and I don't really know much but what I do know I try to share..

http://threetwolove.angelfire.com

-=eXpectWaves=-

XthreetwoloveX

Response to The Purpose of the Internet?? 2014-02-08 18:06:42

Ummm.... maybe this would be a question better suited for General....

Also, who has an angelfire site these days?

Response to The Purpose of the Internet?? 2014-02-08 19:21:04

At 2/8/14 06:06 PM, bigjonny13 wrote: Ummm.... maybe this would be a question better suited for General....
Also, who has an angelfire site these days?

well I don't think it really matters what domain I use I just use it because it's free.. I'm not one to follow fads and and trends I make my own.. and the reason I put this in the arts section is "I feel like it's a valid question for artist". Because if you really think about it who is really in a position to change anything, I think the artist of today are a bit too focused on there art and not the people they are getting across to, if we as the artist AND people really want to make a difference, and I understand that alot of today's so called artist are just in it for the money, but for those of us who have a little dignity and choose to use are talent to better man kind this is a very valid question. After-all where would we be and where would we go if not for art.

-=eXpectWaves=-

XthreetwoloveX

Response to The Purpose of the Internet?? 2014-02-08 22:27:15

Sorry turkey, I'm gonna be a cunt. Game on.

At 2/8/14 07:21 PM, Aeropostal33 wrote:
well I don't think it really matters what domain I use I just use it because it's free.. I'm not one to follow fads and and trends

ohh, fuckin' edgy, yeah, lead us into transcendence with your shitty choices mr.origional, yeah, bad decisions invigorate trust in the lesser people, fuck off mate, don't be so fuckin' pretentious like you're some sort of prodigy messiah herding the masses like they're cattle with no thought to speak of.

the reason I put this in the arts section is "I feel like it's a valid question for artist". Because if you really think about it who is really in a position to change anything,

who is an authority on IT bullshit? could be the people who host the servers, but look at me talking, its not like I have a level 2 in IT and knowledge of networking, oh no, surely that knowledge is not fitting of network infrastructure as clearly the connections of computers are done through paint brushes and fucking acrylic paints and we all interface through canvases.

I think the artist of today are a bit too focused on there art and not the people they are getting across to

Fuck the people, I draw dicks to repulse them and chuckle to myself when it happens, art isn't some fucking pure white knight bullshit only intellectuals take part in, its a fucking hobby people do out of enjoyment for the craft, like video games.

if we as the artist AND people really want to make a difference,

what kind of shit are you on about, making a difference? you have to have the right publicity for that shit which clearly you don't have access to apart from some shitty website.

today's so called artist are just in it for the money,

what kind of communistic bullshit are you preaching now? WE NEED MONEY TO LIVE YA CUNT excuse me for wanting a warm house to live in and food to eat, do you listen to yourself talk? man can't live without pennies in his pocket, I'm sorry if you grew up in a middle class house hold and never had to fucking work in your life because daddy pays for everything, but some of us don't have that privilege you fucking middle class cunt, I don't know if you know this but some of us are poor and some of us only have our art to get us by.

but for those of us who have a little dignity and choose to use are talent to better man kind

we're not in the Renascence mate, we're in 2014, and to get exposure you need the right kind of opportunities, you think its easy to reach 7billion people? only 2 billion of em surf the internet, and like hell a majority of em give 12 fucks about what you're doing.

this is a very valid question.

you're full of shit.

After-all where would we be and where would we go if not for art.

Fuck this thread, fuck your face, fuck your mother and fuck you, I'm goin' to bed, too much shit tonight, this is the most infuriating thread i've fucking read in my time of surfing newgrounds, fuck, I'm out, GG.

Response to The Purpose of the Internet?? 2014-02-09 04:06:11

At 2/8/14 04:56 PM, Aeropostal33 wrote: If you can answer this question I would totally be thrilled.

Okay, The internet is the connecting web of computers and data.

Sub answers to your answers:

A.training grounds for little brats- Not really. If you walk in to traps and get trolled, it's your own damn fault
B.A place for Banks to conspire to capitalize off of idiots- What the hell are you talking about?
C. A place to connect your self to people of the same interest- So, you've already answered your own question...
D-blah blah, something about evil...

First off, you aren't trying to be philosophical and you aren't looking for an answer to your question. You're looking for attention like a goddamned borderline. (the mental illness)
You already have the answer to your question. Answers A, B and D are simply your opinion. If used correctly like most people do, the internet is a great tool for finding information and furthering industry and commerce. But if you're one of these absolute dip shits that run around and act like "Oh.. the bank is a problem... uh... people are evil..." Then convert yourself to Amish and get the hell out of here.

Furthermore, learn to spell and get your grammar correct. If I didn't know better, I'd think you're one of those " cold hearted brats" in training you spoke of.

Lastly, we're not going to click on the link you provided.

In the future, Don't be a dumb ass. Nothing gets you hated and completely ignored on here faster than posting a stupid question that you already answered on the wrong page of forums.

Good luck and don't let the door hit you on the way out...

Birds Born in a cage think Flying is an illness - Alejandro Jodorowsky

BBS Signature

Response to The Purpose of the Internet?? 2014-02-09 06:28:24

At 2/8/14 04:56 PM, Aeropostal33 wrote: If you can answer this question I would totally be thrilled. It seems to me that all the internet really is, or has become, is either A. a training ground for cold-hearted little bratts B. A place for Banks to conspire to capitalize off of idiots C. A place to connect your self to people of the same interest D. A place for people to fok around and act evil.

Everyone of those answers could be true because the internet isn't a coherent entity. It's a series of connections. The internet connects people all over the world with data and each other. People with different views, intentions and lives.
One sided thinking doesn't help you solve problems. If you want to talk about real issues, then make sure that you know what you're talking about.
That's one of the benefits of being connected to the vast amount of data available on the internet: you can do your own research instead of philosophizing based on your own vague impressions of the world around you.
And sure, art can be used to bring attention to real problems in the world. But it seems to me that out of the forms of media that have the most effect on peoples mindset, creative art is pretty much the least effective. If you really want to bring attention the world problems in a moderately effective way, then becoming a journalist would make a lot more sense.

Since your interested in making controversial artwork I suggest entering the leaders of love contest. We're coming short on participants so it'd be nice to have some people that really care. And if you happen to win and feel disgusted by the thought of having to accept the prize money, you can always give it to me (or charity, whatever) ;) .

Response to The Purpose of the Internet?? 2014-02-09 07:15:20

At 2/9/14 06:28 AM, Nacco wrote: Since your interested...

Your interested, my interested, his interested.

One of these days I'm going to slap Jim in his face for not including an edit button.

Response to The Purpose of the Internet?? 2014-02-09 07:28:20

At 2/8/14 04:56 PM, Aeropostal33 wrote: I dunno I use to think that it was a place for people to unite and share ideas but I guess the movie the matrix changed all that now
the movie the matrix changed all that now

Yes, a movie from 15 years ago has affected how people currently use the internet(!)

You know what my biggest gripes with the internet are?
- Any old fool can spout a load of drivel as if they are some kind of world expert.
- People cannot argue without resorting to name calling.

This thread is big example of those gripes, the discussion value will result in a loss of braincells, and I see no reason why it should continue to live.

BBS Signature