00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Masterbaiter60 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

camera help? 2014-02-01 17:51:25

I am working on this android app that when you show the app to your bedroom you see secret things in your bedroom through the app, like there's secret monsters displaying.

Ive made the camera work so far but I don't know what to do to add monsters as if those monsters where in real life,

I know how to add monsters but i only know how to add them on the stage, but if i do that they'll stay on the camera, even if i make my phone face somewhere else, the monsters will be on the same position.

sorry if im confusing you but basically I want to know how do I do that if I point my phone up, I see a monster that I've drawn in flash that looks like its hanging from my bedroom's ceiling. but if i move my camera down you dont see him anymore.

Response to camera help? 2014-02-02 17:56:04

So you're basically making an augmented reality applicaiton for Android? I don't know Java or the Android SDK, so I can't help you there, but I did a quick Google search and turned up this, this and this which might be of some use to you.

Sorry I can't be more helpful than that, but it's just outside the realm of what I know.

Response to camera help? 2014-02-03 05:40:56

I think the best option for what you're trying to do is Vuforia for Unity. You print out an image and point your camera at it to use it as a point of reference for the stage. Then all of your monsters will appear relative to the sheet of paper, and only when the paper is in view. Here's a demo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IP5le6lZ_bw