00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

thelan8 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Lip Syncing?

657 Views | 4 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Lip Syncing? 2014-02-01 17:38:11

Would anybody be able to lip sync the mouths of my characters to the lyrics of a song? No other animation is needed and I already have the characters and different mouths made. I have a tight budget but will be able to send some money your way. If anyone is interested I'll send you some more details.

Response to Lip Syncing? 2014-02-01 22:02:46

At 2/1/14 08:43 PM, DanWandin wrote:
At 2/1/14 05:38 PM, Nrs1994 wrote: Would anybody be able to lip sync the mouths of my characters to the lyrics of a song? No other animation is needed and I already have the characters and different mouths made. I have a tight budget but will be able to send some money your way. If anyone is interested I'll send you some more details.
Your best bet here is to learn to do it yourself, trust me. It's a tedious job but if you can learn to do it and practice and do it well, you'll save yourself a lot of headaches.

Good luck!

Thanks man! The only problem is that I'm not an animator. I don't plan on animating anything else besides this one project, so the whole practicing thing isn’t really relevant for me. If this was something I planned on doing all the time, learning how to do it all would be really helpful, but since this is a one time thing and I would like to have it done as fast as possible, finding someone who knows how to do it already would be a lot more efficient.

Response to Lip Syncing? 2014-02-03 11:49:37

Lip syncing to music sucks man, it's so gut wrenchingly tedious. I hope you're not in a huge hurry to finish because having to go frame by frame and paste the correct mouth shapes over pre existing animation is going to take forever.

Just out of curiosity, how long is the song and how much is the budget?

Smarty Art, Ninja, Action

BBS Signature

Response to Lip Syncing? 2014-02-04 01:27:23

At 2/3/14 11:49 AM, Celshaded wrote: Lip syncing to music sucks man, it's so gut wrenchingly tedious. I hope you're not in a huge hurry to finish because having to go frame by frame and paste the correct mouth shapes over pre existing animation is going to take forever.

The song is 3:32, but it's not a pre existing animation. I just have the characters made, no movement to them. I'm pretty good with video editing, so if I just had the characters mouthing the words, I would be able to turn that into something better.

Response to Lip Syncing? 2014-02-04 01:42:45

At 2/4/14 01:27 AM, Nrs1994 wrote:
At 2/3/14 11:49 AM, Celshaded wrote: Lip syncing to music sucks man, it's so gut wrenchingly tedious. I hope you're not in a huge hurry to finish because having to go frame by frame and paste the correct mouth shapes over pre existing animation is going to take forever.

The song is 3:32, but it's not a pre existing animation. I just have the characters made, no movement to them. I'm pretty good with video editing, so if I just had the characters mouthing the words, I would be able to turn that into something better.

Oh, and the song includes a chorus that repeats 3 times, so the lip-syncing for that part would only need to be done once. So that cuts off about a minute of the song length.