00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

JewWario Art Collab

859 Views | 3 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

JewWario Art Collab 2014-01-31 01:44:07

I'm sure most of you know about recent events with JewWario & his passing. If you're not up to speed, you can read his wife's Facebook post about it. Really awful stuff. And if you don't even know who JewWario is, he's popular in the YouTube gaming community a show called You Can Play This & some other things. Even if he may not have had the biggest relevance to Newgrounds, I still totally think it'd be worth doing something for him. Something beyond just changing our Twitter icons for a month or 2.

The idea: We all draw pictures of ourselves wearing Wario hats, then compile it all into a flash. Menu screen with a play all button & a "selection" button if that's what you call it. We could put it in the Games Portal. We then present it to his wife & I guess that'll be that. I bet she'd like it.

What's needed: Artists of all skill ranges, obviously! Next is a programmer because I dunno how to put together any of that technical jazz. And finally, a musician who can mix in that little coin noise at the beginning of Justin's videos (Google it if you dont know what I'm talking about) into the loop. I'm going to participate by being an artist & also just telling other people about it.

Haha hopefully people actually wanna take part in this.

POST ART IN THE ART THREAD.

@metraff @NG_Artists Support Newgrounds Classifieds: commission animation

"Metraff I'm going to fuck you." - Sodamachine

Response to JewWario Art Collab 2014-01-31 14:46:33

At 1/31/14 01:44 AM, Metraff wrote: I'm sure most of you know about recent events with JewWario & his passing.

Who? Bit more info?

Response to JewWario Art Collab 2014-02-01 18:54:57

At 1/31/14 02:46 PM, ornery wrote:
At 1/31/14 01:44 AM, Metraff wrote: I'm sure most of you know about recent events with JewWario & his passing.
Who? Bit more info?

Alright, guess not. His real name is Justin Carmical. Here's his YouTube Channel.

Response to JewWario Art Collab 2014-02-05 01:01:37

Not sure if this is gonna go anywhere :/.

Someone PM'd me asking if animations were allowed. The answer is, yeah of course they are if that's actually what you'd rather do.