00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

illustrator pixel art - small lines

1,255 Views | 4 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

i've got a question regarding illustrator and pixel art.

so today i drew a pixel character from my favorite game (nuclear throne) and i drew it by making a grid with the rectangular grid tool, then expand it and then make it a live- paint grid. of course i turned outline of the grid off.
when i was done with my character i noticed that, when i turned off the grid, there were little lines (sometimes colored, sometimes they seemed like they were transparent) between almost every pixel. ive drawn pixel ar before and also noticed that "bug" but it wasnt that bad.
does anyone knoe how to fix this issue? i heard one suggestion from a guy which was: after u've finished ur drawing, expand again and then make the grid a live-paint grid again. didn't work for me.

so if anyone knows a fix, i would be more than pleased to hear it.

oh yeah and i also asked the creator of that game, who did the original artwork and he didnt know what to do either (because he doesnt use illustrator, he said)

Response to illustrator pixel art - small lines 2014-01-31 05:55:35

why would you use a vector program for pixel art?

NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature

Response to illustrator pixel art - small lines 2014-01-31 06:03:32

At 1/31/14 05:42 AM, Leeland wrote: I'm a heavy user of Illustrator. Though I don't use it for creating pixel art myself I may be able to find out what's going on for you if you can upload your file somewhere for me to look at.

thank you. as i said, it happened a bit on other pixel images too but on this one it was very heavy.
heres the file (hope it works, never used any upload site) http://www.fileswap.com/dl/Zi3CRgs0Y/

@J-qb i just wanted to make pixel artwork and watched a few tutorials and they either used illlustrator like i did or they just made a veeeery small image (for example 20x20 pixel) and drew with a 1px brush.

Response to illustrator pixel art - small lines 2014-01-31 06:10:58

Import your work to photoshop and continue to work

IT's HREYAS BEETCHOS╥━━━━━━━━╭━━╮━━┳

╢╭╮╭━━━━━┫┃▋▋━▅┣

BBS Signature

Response to illustrator pixel art - small lines 2014-01-31 07:56:43

At 1/31/14 06:31 AM, Leeland wrote: But really you're better off using Paint or Photoshop for your pixel art.

frist of all, thank u alot for your explanation.

i just made one with graphicsgale and it went pretty good.
with photoshop u do it like this: create a very tiny image (as big as the number of pixels u want to paint) and then u zoom in and use a 1px brush.
is that right?

and if so, isnt the image, when i save it, very tiny itself cuz its not vector right (thats what happened, with the picture i attached)?
i never used ps for pixel art so i dont know if thats any right but im here to learn.