00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

LewgusWithFriends just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Assholes Looking for free animators

807 Views | 4 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

I joined newgrounds last week and am currently bout half way through my first animation.
During this time I have had about 6 messages from strangers asking me to make there story's and scripts come to life for nothing. Only one of these people actually provided the story the rest just assumed that whatever they would come up with would be fantastic. To all of you retards asking for free labor off of people who put the time in to learn how to use flash !!GO FUCK YOURSELVES! Teen Zombie Survival fuck you assholes Learn flash.

Have also met a lot of really talented illustrators and animators who were happy to point me towards the resources they use to get to were they are now. And lots of encouraging words.

Has anyone else been asked by idiots to work for free???

As for the pervy sheep dont ask

Assholes Looking for free animators

Response to Assholes Looking for free animators 2014-01-30 16:23:00

At 1/30/14 01:48 PM, CelticAnimator wrote: Has anyone else been asked by idiots to work for free???

Of course I have, but I consider this a hate-thread, so I will not participate in it.

Response to Assholes Looking for free animators 2014-01-30 19:56:45

I agree I dont want this to turn into a hate thread like the "why flash" thread *shivers* but I tend to get a lot of fan animation request of dragon ball and naruto. I just simply say no and move on. I tend to look at the good things such as I got a lot of voice over offers ever since my release of my animation.

Currently doing short rough animations here http://khanhcpham.deviantart.com/

Response to Assholes Looking for free animators 2014-01-30 22:53:43

Try not to take it so personally. When you're a creator, you will always find people looking to get some free work out of you. I guarantee this isn't the last time you'll have to deal with it. Hell, even movie studios try to pull this type of shit from time to time.

At 1/30/14 09:48 PM, DanWandin wrote: How about you try and point them in the same direction the amazing illustrators pointed you in. I'm not comparing you to the people you're whinging about. But c'mon, this is a rich community full of knowledge on the craft. Point THEM in the right direction, give THEM encouraging words.

This is a good way to handle it. Try to point them in the right direction. It's always better to try and be positive about it. Although, unfortunately, if they're asking for free work right out of the gate, with nothing to show for themselves, odds are they're not going to take the advice. The internet is a big place, and there are countless places where they can solicit.

Response to Assholes Looking for free animators 2014-01-31 13:28:57

At 1/30/14 09:48 PM, DanWandin wrote:
Have also met a lot of really talented illustrators and animators who were happy to point me towards the resources they use to get to were they are now. And lots of encouraging words.
How about you try and point them in the same direction the amazing illustrators pointed you in. I'm not comparing you to the people you're whinging about. But c'mon, this is a rich community full of knowledge on the craft. Point THEM in the right direction, give THEM encouraging words.

I did for about a week straight i pointed to all of the tutorials i was using and all of the free software but they refused to pick up any of it and made constant excuses and the fact that they there messages have stopped since this post is awesome. Its not a hate post but I did try and show them stuff they were just lazy people looking for free labour.