00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Duspay98 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Restoring audio recording

1,037 Views | 3 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Restoring audio recording 2014-01-14 20:23:18

Hi, I've got this audio recording that was recorded back in 2011 which I need to use in an upcoming project. The only problem is that it was recorded in a non-padded room and straight into my iMac mic, so the audio is quite tinny, especially with the audio waves bouncing back off into the walls from my small room.

I was wondering if anyone knows some useful techniques which may make the audio sound more presentable. I have been tinkering around in Soundbooth and Audition for a few days now trying to improve it by using EQ and compression, but the voice just turns out sounding way too robotic in the end.

Also, I have the sound clip uploaded to Mediafire, so if anyone has a little bit of time free and would be kind enough to have a go at restoring the audio I would very much appreciate it.

Thanks in advance for any help.

BBS Signature

Response to Restoring audio recording 2014-01-15 12:30:20

Anyone?

BBS Signature

Response to Restoring audio recording 2014-01-15 12:56:57

At 1/15/14 12:48 PM, LichLordMusic wrote: If you PM me the download link I will take a quick look and see if I can work some magic on it.

Great, thanks a lot! I have a version which I've already done a bit of work on in Audacity (such as noise reduction). Or do you want me to just send you the original recorded Audacity file?

BBS Signature

Response to Restoring audio recording 2014-01-15 13:08:59

At 1/15/14 12:58 PM, LichLordMusic wrote: Could you send me over the Original Recording please?

Yeah sure, I'm uploading the wav right now, i'll PM you in a second!

BBS Signature