00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

LOCKdev just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

"Believing in" Evolution

5,671 Views | 94 Replies

Response to "Believing in" Evolution 2014-01-27 15:15:24

At 1/27/14 03:02 PM, Entice wrote: This is as simple as looking at security camera footage,

That's seeing something.

or finding blood at the scene of the crime

That's seeing something.

The evidence for evolution is overwhelming.

Have you seen a cell turn into a fish or dinosaur?

There is little to no evidence for the existence of God.

What would you consider evidence?

Agnus Dei, qui tollis peccata mundi, miserere nobis...

Agnus Dei, qui tollis peccata mundi, dona nobis pacem.

BBS Signature

Response to "Believing in" Evolution 2014-01-27 15:24:14

At 1/27/14 03:17 PM, Entice wrote:
At 1/27/14 03:15 PM, NightmareWitch wrote: Have you seen a cell turn into a fish or dinosaur?
There's obviously no point in continuing this conversation

Because you're unwilling to answer the question?

Response to "Believing in" Evolution 2014-01-27 15:28:32

At 1/27/14 08:12 AM, Camarohusky wrote:
At 1/27/14 07:45 AM, Gario wrote: So you need to actually watch something happen in order to believe it's true?
You don't understand the point that was made. The point that was made is that while there is mounds of evidence pointing toward evolution, there is no smoking gun. This means that there is a jump needed to make the final conclusion. With all of the evidence that exists, the jump is very small, but a jump exists nonetheless.

Okay, with all due respect since I do know you're not unintelligent, I addressed this point directly earlier in this thread (addressing you specifically, in fact). I acknowledge that there is a possibility that it is flawed or even flat-out wrong. That is true of every scientific field (science must be falsifiable by definition, after all), yet it would be flat out stupid to simply deny any other field of science without a viable alternative. Why is evolution a special case where despite the combination that it both has a mountain of evidence AND there is no viable, scientific alternative (Intelligemt Design was a worthy contender in the 19th century, but it has some severe challenges to it that evolution addresses solidly), one still may simply deny it just because? You need to have evidence against evolution in order to deny it - it's not only wrong to do otherwise, it's harmful to the fields of artificial intelligence, biology and psychology since they rely on the findings of evolution in order to function properly (and in the case of biology and psychology, "macroevolution").

You want to deny evolution? Fine, but unless you have evidence against it be prepared to rightly be called a fool.

Need some music for a flash or game? Check it out. If none of this works send me a PM, I'm taking requests.

Response to "Believing in" Evolution 2014-01-27 16:17:58

At 1/27/14 03:17 PM, Entice wrote:
At 1/27/14 03:15 PM, NightmareWitch wrote: Have you seen a cell turn into a fish or dinosaur?
There's obviously no point in continuing this conversation

ok

Agnus Dei, qui tollis peccata mundi, miserere nobis...

Agnus Dei, qui tollis peccata mundi, dona nobis pacem.

BBS Signature

Response to "Believing in" Evolution 2014-01-28 10:59:34

At 1/28/14 10:54 AM, JesusIsLord wrote: Evolution is a lie. I shut my ears to those that speak of it, for their tongue is that of the devil's. Humans were born from Adam and Eve. This isn't up for discussion.

Checkmate atheists.