00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

LewgusWithFriends just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Ma latest work [How do I improve]

539 Views | 6 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Ma latest work [How do I improve] 2013-12-09 18:12:53

What do you think?? :D

I really need your opinions and how to make my work better in the near future

Picture is too big to be uploaded so just click

here !

https://www.instagram.com/wecarrot/

Response to Ma latest work [How do I improve] 2013-12-09 18:46:32

At 12/9/13 06:12 PM, valetta wrote: Picture is too big to be uploaded so just click

I would have also posted a scaled down picture so that you'd get more feedback. I think it's not too bad although with the amount of colours in the mask the skin seems without detail and boring, plus the left hand looks a little mangled.

- P R O F E S S I O N A L - G R A P H I C - D E S I G N E R -

LATEST ART PIECE

BBS Signature

Response to Ma latest work [How do I improve] 2013-12-09 19:08:15

Hi! Welcome to the Art Forum! I hope you find your stay here a pleasant one. Anyway, I see you went for a cartoonish style to make your drawing. In my opinion, that kind of style adds personality. It makes things more interesting so to say. You can definitely develop this further into a style you can claim as your own through constant practice and alterations for improvement. Basically correcting mistakes after you find them.

You can start by making your lines as clean as possible. Also, you should try to avoid using generated textures as much as possible as they look a bit unnatural. Try drawing the details yourself instead on relying on this type of tool. It would improve your rendering skills and make your art look better. That's two birds in one stone! Also, the multicolored mask he adorns just doesn't fit. It's just too bright compared to the rest of the picture. Try toning it down a bit so it would match.

Another area of concern would be shading. This in my opinion, is what makes a picture aesthetically pleasing to eye. Acquiring the skill to effectively manipulate light and shadow through your drawings is quite a difficult feat especially if your a beginner, but it's no problem if you try your hardest and practice regularly. A general comment would be to make the shadows darker and more expressive as the highlights almost completely dominate the artwork. Also, a picture with inadequate shading would appear very flat, which wouldn't be a good thing if you're aiming to make a picture that looks convincing to the viewer.

Anyway, those are only a few things I can tell you at this moment. Keep practicing friend. You should aim high and shoot fast. Looking forward to your development. Good luck! :)

Art Thread/NG Art - View it. /I love rainbows do you?/

BBS Signature

Response to Ma latest work [How do I improve] 2013-12-09 19:17:55

At 12/9/13 07:08 PM, Fifty-50 wrote: Hi!

You can start by making your lines as clean as possible

Anyway, those are only a few things I can tell you at this moment. Keep practicing friend. You should aim high and shoot fast. Looking forward to your development. Good luck! :)

Thanks alot, and what software would you recommend me to use to have a cleaner line work? I just don't know what to use Thanks for your time by the way :D

Response to Ma latest work [How do I improve] 2013-12-09 19:27:20

At 12/9/13 07:17 PM, valetta wrote: Thanks alot, and what software would you recommend me to use to have a cleaner line work? I just don't know what to use Thanks for your time by the way :D

If you can acquire it, go forPhotoshop. I think this one is probably the most common and optimal software for painting and drawing although it's a bit expensive. If not, Paint Tool Saiis a good alternative. Basically it's pretty close to Photoshop it may even be better in terms of the features it has although in my experience it's a bit harder to use. Also it's easier to acquire if you know where to look for it online. Or if you're really in a pinch, Gimp would do fine. It's free and easy to acquire although it has very limited features. Or maybe if you want something completely new, try Mischief. I heard it's pretty good. I haven't used this one yet so I can't gauge it's potential. But you should try it.

BBS Signature

Response to Ma latest work [How do I improve] 2013-12-09 19:29:50

At 12/9/13 07:27 PM, Fifty-50 wrote:
At 12/9/13 07:17 PM, valetta wrote: Thanks alot, and what software would you recommend me to use to have a cleaner line work? I just don't know what to use Thanks for your time by the way :D
stuff

It's hard to read. haha. I'll lay it out.

Photoshop
Paint Tool Sai
Gimp
Mischief

BBS Signature

Response to Ma latest work [How do I improve] 2013-12-09 19:51:48

At 12/9/13 07:29 PM, Fifty-50 wrote:
At 12/9/13 07:27 PM, Fifty-50 wrote:
stuff
It's hard to read. haha. I'll lay it out.

Photoshop
Paint Tool Sai
Gimp
Mischief

I did that with photoshop for colouring and flash for the line work. But idk, Ive tride photoshop for linework and never turned out good :((