00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

LewgusWithFriends just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

My First Digital Arts!

549 Views | 2 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

My First Digital Arts! 2013-12-08 23:40:29

Had a go at my first artwork using a tablet. Also had my first real go at colouring. Any comments on how to improve would be great!

My First Digital Arts!

Response to My First Digital Arts! 2013-12-09 17:41:07

At 12/8/13 11:40 PM, Mojobanungo wrote: Had a go at my first artwork using a tablet. Also had my first real go at colouring. Any comments on how to improve would be great!

for your first time, not bad.

The coloring is what I would consider too unfocused. You were using a soft brush to create shading
and highlights. That makes everything look blurry. Try to be a bit more daring and use a harder brush. If you are still a bit unsecure, work on an alternate layer and just delete it if you are unsatisfied with the results. You will notice that a mix of soft gradients and sharp borders will usually give better results. There are also plenty of coloring tutorials out there that may help you. Just look around DA for a bit and you will find a guide that meets your needs.

Also, since you asked for any form of comment, I'd suggest taking a look into perspective drawings. The chracters seems, despite shading and all, rather 2 dimentional. Practicing with extreme perspectives will give you a better grasp on how objects, including characters and their defining features like nose or eyes, are displayed in certain angles. Feel free to go nuts there and don't be affraid of making mistakes. After all, it's just for practice ;)

However, I like the small details you added like earrings, screws and a kill count on the cybot eyepiece (it is a kill count, right?). The overall Idea is also something I enjoy and the lineart is played safe, but for the most part smooth and clean.

I hope my comment helps you on your way :)

---------| You're welcome |----------

Response to My First Digital Arts! 2013-12-10 04:30:12

At 12/9/13 05:41 PM, BazookaBonsai wrote:
At 12/8/13 11:40 PM, Mojobanungo wrote:
I hope my comment helps you on your way :)

Yeah thanks a lot! I am new to colouring all together tbh (not just digitally), so your comments are very helpful. Will give all of those things a go, and yeah it's a kill count :). Thanks again!