00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Jmurr12 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Oldies Resurrection Collab

7,269 Views | 120 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Oldies Resurrection Collab 2013-11-07 03:40:59

Hi guys. So I have too many animations projects that I have started many years ago and then I left them just for me getting bored and lazy. Their concepts, drama, fights, are my Mind Channel Everyday TV shows :P LOL
So I come up with this idea, if any of you guys have had same situation and have animations like so, why not we team up to make a collab and resurrect all these oldies. We put our animations together and let the people watch our glorious show :)

Collab Specifications:
-Violence and Censored Voices are allowed
-However nudity and sex-related stuff will be immediately rejected

-Deadline: around November 15
-Entries are limited around 15 to 20
-Stage: 640x480 but it may be subject to change, if so I will use vcams to fix that, but the proportions are 4:3 no wide screen please
-Frame rate: 24
-Background Color: Use any, I will fix them by placing stage sized rectangle in the background
-No crappy animation and you know what I mean, stickmen and sprites are allowed as long as they show good talent
-Contributors must send me immediately their works, if you think there's a need to remake a scene or there's something missing or needs to be changed I'll give you time but not more than few days...

We may need an artist to make the menu for us :)

Please join us it's gonna be fun, really fun :)

Response to Oldies Resurrection Collab 2013-11-07 04:31:53

At 11/7/13 03:40 AM, Fat-Footy wrote: Hi guys. So I have too many animations projects that I have started many years ago and then I left them just for me getting bored and lazy. Their concepts, drama, fights, are my Mind Channel Everyday TV shows :P LOL
So I come up with this idea, if any of you guys have had same situation and have animations like so, why not we team up to make a collab and resurrect all these oldies. We put our animations together and let the people watch our glorious show :)

Collab Specifications:
-Violence and Censored Voices are allowed
-However nudity and sex-related stuff will be immediately rejected
-Deadline: around November 15
-Entries are limited around 15 to 20
-Stage: 640x480 but it may be subject to change, if so I will use vcams to fix that, but the proportions are 4:3 no wide screen please
-Frame rate: 24
-Background Color: Use any, I will fix them by placing stage sized rectangle in the background
-No crappy animation and you know what I mean, stickmen and sprites are allowed as long as they show good talent
-Contributors must send me immediately their works, if you think there's a need to remake a scene or there's something missing or needs to be changed I'll give you time but not more than few days...

We may need an artist to make the menu for us :)

Please join us it's gonna be fun, really fun :)

I forgot to mention these things:
-ActionScript version: AS2.0
-Flash Version: Use any I got CS5.5 (and illegally Adobe now is purchasing me join on your own risk)
-Your animations maybe shortened to fit in the collab, if we get publish-time errors
-Your file must be tagged with your username and the year of when you have made it

For instance here's two of my animations:
-Hunter x Hunter: Gon vs Hisoka
-The One of the Three

Please don't blame me of the quality or the unfinished stuff because back then I had Flash 8 and a crappy PC >:(

Oldies Resurrection Collab

Response to Oldies Resurrection Collab 2013-11-07 04:43:00

At 11/7/13 04:31 AM, Fat-Footy wrote:
-Hunter x Hunter: Gon vs Hisoka

Sorry this is not the version I wanted to show you I'll upload it once I go back home, I'm connecting from the LIBRARY in the university LOL :)

Response to Oldies Resurrection Collab 2013-11-07 08:05:16

At 11/7/13 06:45 AM, Djsoul88 wrote: And can we use toon boom for tis one?

OK send me your file(s) and I'll see if my Flash can read it, if else, I'll convert it using a Flash decompiler ;)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE:
To everyone, your stuff must not have been published before and of course not completely finished. I can give you some time to finish an animation or two but the whole story must be incomplete in order to be considered a zombie oldie.
Always follow this topic for updates, and I'll try to be as clear as possible but for your sake, I'm no fluent English speaker/writer :)

Response to Oldies Resurrection Collab 2013-11-07 08:26:44

Oh man, I have tons of old Flash projects lying around unfinished. This sounds like a fun idea! Questions:

- Are we allowed to partly remake/fix up old animations or are they supposed to be submitted as they are?
- How about animation without story, for example experimental FBF, is that allowed as well?

Most of my old stuff is in 550 x 400 btw, but that should be easy to stretch out as an MC.

The latest: Hexa #95 (Mar)

BBS Signature

Response to Oldies Resurrection Collab 2013-11-07 08:34:31

UPDATE
To all of you guys who didn't understand the idea about the collab here's a clear version of it, I'm sorry but my English suck at sometimes :D
If you have an old animation project, which means an old story that you've started animating but you've let down or lost the will to continue it, then you can join as you haven't completed all the scenes that follow the progress of your story :)
Not too complicated, but the progress you have made in animation may be incomplete itself or better say discontinue... For example if there's an animation of a character walking but there's a missing background, or if his walk cycle seems to be messy then I can give you some time to correct this and to adapt it for the sake of a glorious collab :)
I hope you understand me well now :D

Response to Oldies Resurrection Collab 2013-11-07 08:41:38

At 11/7/13 08:26 AM, Cyberdevil wrote: Oh man, I have tons of old Flash projects lying around unfinished. This sounds like a fun idea! Questions:

- Are we allowed to partly remake/fix up old animations or are they supposed to be submitted as they are?
- How about animation without story, for example experimental FBF, is that allowed as well?

Most of my old stuff is in 550 x 400 btw, but that should be easy to stretch out as an MC.

Send me the files you wish to use for this collab. Just pick a few quality ones but please I can't have huge files here. I'm done for since the last collab x(
If you mean experimental frame by frame then I'll check the file size and bugs possibilities and tell you but it's gonna be great to have this type of animation I appreciate myself :)
And yes that stage size is OK

Response to Oldies Resurrection Collab 2013-11-07 08:47:37

At 11/7/13 08:37 AM, Djsoul88 wrote: Wait, so has to be unfinished? Or do we have to Finish it?

ANd here's the file swf.

http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/15980b662a149f0a9bb7af25632b67cb

No that's too much unfinished, if you have any other files you can join I love your animation Djsoul88 :)
Watch this as an exemple :D

Response to Oldies Resurrection Collab 2013-11-07 08:52:09

At 11/7/13 08:41 AM, Fat-Footy wrote: Send me the files you wish to use for this collab. Just pick a few quality ones but please I can't have huge files here. I'm done for since the last collab x(
If you mean experimental frame by frame then I'll check the file size and bugs possibilities and tell you but it's gonna be great to have this type of animation I appreciate myself :)
And yes that stage size is OK

Good to know, and your previous post answered my first question! :) I'll go through my project later today; send something then.

The latest: Hexa #95 (Mar)

BBS Signature

Response to Oldies Resurrection Collab 2013-11-07 08:53:47

At 11/7/13 08:50 AM, Djsoul88 wrote: Ok but can i just finish a little to make it look unfinished?

Yeah lol, that's allowed too as long as the story is incomplete :D

Read my few last posts to understand :)

Response to Oldies Resurrection Collab 2013-11-07 09:34:36

At 11/7/13 04:31 AM, Fat-Footy wrote:
-Flash Version: Use any I got CS5.5 (and illegally Adobe now is purchasing me join on your own risk)

***Pursuing, what the heck I've just typed in??? This is insane :(((((

Response to Oldies Resurrection Collab 2013-11-07 09:56:11

Guys I got my username changed, now I'll be known as Oh-Sama :D
This name has funny background behind it and I'll try to make my animations help it as much as I can :)
Cheers...

Response to Oldies Resurrection Collab 2013-11-07 12:36:08

At 11/7/13 12:30 PM, Djsoul88 wrote: Uhh guys, i'm gonna have to halt on this Collab. My pen nibs are all gone and my graphic tablet isn't even working correctly. I'm gonna have to halt on animation for awhile until i can get my hands on a new tablet. Sorry Oh-sama.....

Noooooooo, I just love the way you animate man... Can't you use a mouse instead? I do all my animation with a mouse, you can get the lineart right, if you give it a little bit more of work :)

Response to Oldies Resurrection Collab 2013-11-07 15:08:59

I'm taking part

I'll try to get some friends to join as well :)

BBS Signature

Response to Oldies Resurrection Collab 2013-11-07 15:29:16

At 11/7/13 03:08 PM, VaguelyWonderful wrote: I'm taking part

I'll try to get some friends to join as well :)

You're welcomed, since nothing clear comes to my mind for what the menu and the credits should look like, you're free to choose them, but keep in mind that we're looking to be daily featured :)

Response to Oldies Resurrection Collab 2013-11-08 16:15:47

I will likely join. What if it's an idea we've had for a while but haven't animated?

Response to Oldies Resurrection Collab 2013-11-08 16:28:15

At 11/8/13 04:15 PM, SychoSloth wrote: I will likely join. What if it's an idea we've had for a while but haven't animated?

Sorry SychoSloth but I only need an old incomplete animation here if you happen to have one then you're welcomed, otherwise I hope we team up on a next collab :)

Response to Oldies Resurrection Collab 2013-11-08 16:37:26

At 11/8/13 04:28 PM, Oh-Sama wrote:
At 11/8/13 04:15 PM, SychoSloth wrote: I will likely join. What if it's an idea we've had for a while but haven't animated?
Sorry SychoSloth but I only need an old incomplete animation here if you happen to have one then you're welcomed, otherwise I hope we team up on a next collab :)

I just found a half storyboard half animation thing that I can complete. Will that do?

Response to Oldies Resurrection Collab 2013-11-08 16:43:17

At 11/8/13 02:18 PM, Amaranthus wrote:
Can I write a god awful script again?

You're dead... SAVANT!!!

Response to Oldies Resurrection Collab 2013-11-08 16:46:20

At 11/8/13 04:37 PM, SychoSloth wrote:
I just found a half storyboard half animation thing that I can complete. Will that do?

Send me the file immediately, the animation doesn't have to be completed :)

Response to Oldies Resurrection Collab 2013-11-08 16:58:02

At 11/8/13 04:43 PM, Amaranthus wrote:
At 11/8/13 04:43 PM, Oh-Sama wrote: You're dead... SAVANT!!!
D:  

Yeah you're dead, so I am >:(
Believe it or ELSE!!!

Response to Oldies Resurrection Collab 2013-11-08 17:04:39

You've been asked similar things million of times, but just to clarify:

Should we submit them as is or actually finish them?

This is my signature. It is a nice signature.

BBS Signature

Response to Oldies Resurrection Collab 2013-11-08 18:13:20

So a collab of a bunch of unfinshed movies or finish them up and send them in?

touchin 101

Response to Oldies Resurrection Collab 2013-11-08 18:41:15

This project sounds slightly like the Abandoned Projects Collab
Should be good :)

BBS Signature

Response to Oldies Resurrection Collab 2013-11-09 04:15:05

At 11/8/13 05:04 PM, HipnikDragomir wrote: You've been asked similar things million of times, but just to clarify:

But I replied billions of times, read my first posts you'll understand :)

Response to Oldies Resurrection Collab 2013-11-10 09:12:27

At 11/9/13 04:15 AM, Oh-Sama wrote:
At 11/8/13 05:04 PM, HipnikDragomir wrote: You've been asked similar things million of times, but just to clarify:

But I replied billions of times, read my first posts you'll understand :)

How many submissions have you received so far?
If there aren't very many it may be worth considering increasing the deadline

BBS Signature

Response to Oldies Resurrection Collab 2013-11-10 09:51:57

I have a small madness fight scene that I never got done, so I can work on that. Count me in!

BBS Signature

Response to Oldies Resurrection Collab 2013-11-11 16:22:59

Came up with this small thing for the menu:
link
thescrumbles did the flash figure holding a sword

will add some extra stuff...
do you like the concept?
are there any suggestions for making it better?

BBS Signature

Response to Oldies Resurrection Collab 2013-11-11 16:40:47

Oops wrote reserrection instead of resurrection

BBS Signature

Response to Oldies Resurrection Collab 2013-11-11 17:16:50

At 11/11/13 04:40 PM, VaguelyWonderful wrote: Oops wrote reserrection instead of resurrection

Nevermind little big BRO, we'll be using this baby and if you don't mind can you remake the smoke effect and add a little bit of animation to the flames, that would give it a better

And for you guys, sorry for not posting here for a while. I'm a student and I have bunch of exams to deal with this week and the one that comes after... So anyway the deadline will surely be extended. You can go on and finish your missing animations if you want. This would be better than having less than five seconds long of animation, shame on you Bob :D. And please add your own sounds or music. I'll try to make an update for the rules of the collab as soon as I can... Now I'm going back to the headache :(
Until then guys... 128sqrt(e980)... xDD