00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Is my art ok?!?

899 Views | 14 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Is my art ok?!? 2013-10-26 03:36:10

None of its on the art portal does that mean its bad?! or does that mean its just not popular enough?
In my eyes my art is O.K not good but O.....K
i really don't think it that good can i get feed back from you guys please either in p.m or comments on the art
oh if you want to check them out here...
My latest piece
My first ever piece
My animated piece
and last
My anime!!! :D lol
so yeah can you tell me what uthink plz! :D

Is my art ok?!?

Response to Is my art ok?!? 2013-10-26 06:59:59

Ok , assuming all of this is yours (no reason to doubt but you cant be too careful with anime artists) i think you are on a good track. You animated pokemon is very very good , certainly the strongest piece of ur gallery. The anime sketch is a sketch , cant say much about it as its not something finished. Its lookin good tho. The cookie monster is nice although there are some points where it gets blurry or the colours get mixed up , and i can tell its not from the photo's quality. You could also try and add a bit of shading would make it more interesting. Its a very simple character so you could push him a bit more. Your digital piece has a nice variety of colours and i can tell you put a lot of effort into making it. My problems are:
1) The composition is way off. It feels like you randomly drew stuff all over the canvas. It does not lead the eye over the image and it lacks focus. Better study some about composition , Rule of Thirds is a good start.
2) You dont seem to understand how to render properly. The shading and lighting feels quite random and individually done to each character. When you render , define your sources of light first and with them as a guideline , shade and light the objects. For example we see a moon as big as the earth and yet all the light comes from the front camera. Theres even light inside of the girl's cloak. And the blonde , even though she has a flat chest (nothing wrong with that) has a very bold line that looks like a highlight. Tho , theres nothing to highlight.
3) What is the black blob in front of the moon? No , its not a cloud. and on the top right theres blue sky , as if the moon has a hole in it.
4) Some anatomical issues like the hand of the girl that holds the lolipop
5)The buildings in the back look out of place because they are too shaky , the lighting is too harsh and they feel out of style with the rest of the image.

But , tbh , its much better than most anime stuff we come across so , keep working on it. You can become as good as you want as long as you try. And , im sorry for your friend , i know how you feel.

Cheers , looking forward to see more of you , especially some animated goodness!

Response to Is my art ok?!? 2013-10-26 07:06:19

At 10/26/13 07:05 AM, Amaranthus wrote:
At 10/26/13 06:59 AM, Kkylimos wrote: Ok , assuming all of this is yours (no reason to doubt but you cant be too careful with anime artists) i think you are on a good track. You animated pokemon is very very good ,
the description said his friend animated it

Oh shit , i must remember to read those..If its not the poster's work , it should be down.

Response to Is my art ok?!? 2013-10-26 07:21:29

At 10/26/13 07:07 AM, Amaranthus wrote:
At 10/26/13 07:06 AM, Kkylimos wrote: At 10/26/13 07:05 AM, Amaranthus wrote:
At 10/26/13 06:59 AM, Kkylimos wrote:
dunno, really
all his art looks different
could all be random stolen pics

As i said before my comment "assuming all of this is yours (no reason to doubt but you cant be too careful with anime artists)"

I cant be sure with anime because they are anime. There is one sketch and one digital anime. One pixel animation and one traditional cartoon. Its not like a person cant have all four In his gallery. If its stolen , burn the witch. But since i dont have any evidence i didnt want to accuse.

Response to Is my art ok?!? 2013-10-26 07:32:53

At 10/26/13 07:25 AM, Amaranthus wrote: Yeah, it's stolen.
http://idrawgirls.com/tutorials/2011/12/02/draw-anime-confident-face-expression/
others too, (too lazy to link)

Pfffff thats what i get for helping. The past few days i tried to help 3 persons , art-wise , two of them turned out to be shitheads.....Whatever , shame on them for being worms , shame on me for noticing them.

Response to Is my art ok?!? 2013-10-26 08:11:14

At 10/26/13 07:25 AM, Amaranthus wrote: others too, (too lazy to link)

http://dimensionalotaku.deviantart.com/art/C-Sweets-Treats-Halloween-332607967
one... cause I need a weekly post or something like that...

Whiskey | The Old | The New | Portal | updated sig thanks to gumby

BBS Signature

Response to Is my art ok?!? 2013-10-26 12:17:26

yeah its fine, just keep pushing. there's some good things going on here

Current Art Thread some NSFW (2022)

Past Art Thread (2013-2020)

**If you want to learn how to draw Direct Message me! I'm looking to teach people.**

BBS Signature

Response to Is my art ok?!? 2013-10-26 15:56:48

Wow, this is just... wow.

BBS Signature

Response to Is my art ok?!? 2013-10-26 19:49:35

The animated Pokemon is stolen as fuck too. There's a user on DA who has tons of Pokemon icons in that style for users to use around the forums. Her name is definitely not Henry, either. http://kattling.deviantart.com/gallery/

Response to Is my art ok?!? 2013-10-26 19:54:06

At 10/26/13 07:49 PM, thisismyboat wrote: The animated Pokemon is stolen as fuck too. There's a user on DA who has tons of Pokemon icons in that style for users to use around the forums. Her name is definitely not Henry, either. http://kattling.deviantart.com/gallery/

Yeah , thread should be down , and the OP too.

Response to Is my art ok?!? 2013-10-28 23:44:32

Good stuff!

http://www.foxrenderfarm.com/

info@foxrenderfarm.com