00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Hotline Miami Too Hard?

6,467 Views | 8 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Hotline Miami Too Hard? 2013-10-23 22:25:09

I just got Hotline Miami for my PS3 the other day and I'm four chapters in and I'm wondering something. Am I the only one who thinks this game is way too difficult? I mean the mission for Blake is ridiculously hard. I understand dying helps you raise your score and find enemy placement but I'm only four chapters in and it's getting balls out hard.

Formerly Known As J-Rex

BBS Signature

Response to Hotline Miami Too Hard? 2013-10-23 23:15:49

Suck it up.

Words of wisdom from an escaped mental patient.

Dude you could totes add me on steam!

You look hot, but you could never be as hot as me.

Response to Hotline Miami Too Hard? 2013-10-24 12:52:37

It might be harder on PS3 but I didn't have much trouble beating the PC version. Avoid using the same strategy over and over if you're just dying. Also if you get an assault rifle or a couple of shotguns you can pretty much wipe out any floor in the game if you hide behind a door or something and lure them in.

I think I died mostly in the first 8 or so stages, it'll probably get easier when you get used to it.

Response to Hotline Miami Too Hard? 2013-10-24 16:23:24

At 10/24/13 12:52 PM, Jackho wrote: Also if you get an assault rifle or a couple of shotguns you can pretty much wipe out any floor in the game if you hide behind a door or something and lure them in.

who even uses guns lmao

Response to Hotline Miami Too Hard? 2013-10-24 19:18:42

Chapter 4 is a bitch. The next few will be easier and you'll learn better strategies. It's one of those games that just takes practice.

PSN ID/Gamertag: KittensWithBeer

BBS Signature

Response to Hotline Miami Too Hard? 2013-10-24 19:37:01

If you didn't die instantly it would not be the same. Probably worse.

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to Hotline Miami Too Hard? 2013-10-24 19:58:01

it's an easy as fuck game, sure you die a lot but it doesn't really punish you either, you always start close to where you die. it creates the illusion of being difficult even though it's not. it's all trial and error, as opposed to better designed difficult games where you constantly have to be careful and focus.

Response to Hotline Miami Too Hard? 2013-10-24 20:25:51

PC version is kind of better with controls, plus you only have yourself to blame if you fail the missions. Just work out strategies and try not to use guns as often. I find the Tony Mask is helpful when you start out.

I HДVЗИ'T ЭДTЗЙ SLICЭD ЬЯЗДD SIИCЭ I ШДS TЩЗLVЭ

BBS Signature

Response to Hotline Miami Too Hard? 2013-10-24 23:09:30

At 10/24/13 07:37 PM, Makeshift wrote: If you didn't die instantly it would not be the same. Probably worse.

It would ruin the game. Instadeath makes you have to base your play style on not getting hit. Without it, this game would be way too easy. It isn't even that hard already once you get it down.

PSN ID/Gamertag: KittensWithBeer

BBS Signature