00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Mibrudabot1225 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Question for Musicians: Contests.

1,035 Views | 3 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Question for Musicians: Contests. 2013-10-08 20:46:34

Alright, I'll try to keep this short. I've made some characters using the character creation tool (or as it's called in the game, Create a Soul) in Soul Calibur V. They can all be seen here. http://s1065.photobucket.com/user/SamLehocky/library/Soul%20Calibur%20V%20CaS?sort=3&page=1

I've played around with plotlines for these characters, nothing serious, just boredom-crafting. I was thinking I'd like at least some of the characters to have themes I could use specific to them when I upload videos of them fighting to youtube.

If I were to host a music competition here with the goal being to have some people create said themes, would the contest need a prize to get a decent number of quality tracks, or would winning a competition and have your music show up in at least one youtube video be enough? I'm new here, so I have no idea how contests normally go or what people do when they host them.

Response to Question for Musicians: Contests. 2013-10-08 21:34:08

I think it would be fairer to just listen around to people's stuff and ask people you like if they want to create some themes. So it's basically like you're asking for music, which does happen here. But making a contest for that just seems lazy IMO hahahahaha. In terms of if you could create a contest over that, I'm not quite sure myself, though since you're new I think it's less likely you'll be able to just hop in and make one out of the blue.

BBS Signature

Response to Question for Musicians: Contests. 2013-10-08 22:31:40

If you're going the contest route you need a prize. But since you just need a few songs I'm sure you could just ask some artists if they can make a song for you or if you can use one of their songs.

Formerly Known As J-Rex

BBS Signature

Response to Question for Musicians: Contests. 2013-10-09 01:31:34

So I could make a thread asking for such music right here in this forum? I saw the collab forum, but it says 3 or more other people, and this doesn't seem like it would fit there.