00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Aki's Art Thread

2,229 Views | 37 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Aki's Art Thread 2013-09-30 23:47:38

At 9/30/13 07:14 PM, AkiCarlito wrote: pssh ur exaggerating < < lol

Sit on my shoulders :P
It's more comfortable for the both of us, plus you can see over crowds.

Response to Aki's Art Thread 2013-10-01 13:14:35

Sit on my shoulders :P
It's more comfortable for the both of us, plus you can see over crowds.

lol sure 8D on your shoulder it is!

Response to Aki's Art Thread 2013-10-06 09:01:19

BG done for a performance i'm gonna have to do for a competition

Scene 1. the lab

Aki's Art Thread

Response to Aki's Art Thread 2013-10-06 09:02:38

Scene 2. Top Floor

Aki's Art Thread

Response to Aki's Art Thread 2013-10-06 09:06:05

Edited 1

Aki's Art Thread

Response to Aki's Art Thread 2013-10-06 09:08:17

Edited 2! of scene 2 :D

Aki's Art Thread

Response to Aki's Art Thread 2013-10-08 17:29:16

At 10/6/13 09:01 AM, AkiCarlito wrote: BG done for a performance i'm gonna have to do for a competition

I really like where these are going. If it's not too late, I have some suggestions about your perspective.

Scene 1. the lab

The biggest thing to remember for this picture is that in one-point perspective, all of the lines moving toward the horizon line will eventually converge. With that in mind, the line denoting the top of the door should be going the other way. Also, with the amount of surface area you're showing on the tabletops, you should either raise the tables in the picture plain, or lower the line that shows where the floor meets the wall. Right now it looks like the floor is slanted.

I know I can be pretty terrible at explaining things, so I included a picture that shows what I was talking about. I used the top of the box on the table as the horizon line. For the sake of correct proportions, though, I probably should have made the tables a bit skinnier. The front door's a bit bigger than it should be, too.

Scene 2. Top Floor

This one's perspective is basically correct. Just keep in mind where the nadir is so all of your vertical lines converge at the same place below the picture plane. Also pay attention to the relative scale of the objects in your picture; the base of the ladder is almost as wide as one of your doors.

Aki's Art Thread

BBS Signature

Response to Aki's Art Thread 2013-10-08 17:56:42

At 10/8/13 05:29 PM, Little-Eise wrote: This one's perspective is basically correct. Just keep in mind where the nadir is so all of your vertical lines converge at the same place below the picture plane. Also pay attention to the relative scale of the objects in your picture; the base of the ladder is almost as wide as one of your doors.

Ahh thank you very much! yeah i'm still really bad at perspectives @ @ but thank you! i will do my best and fix everything and improve! :D