00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

MisterBig67425 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

5 x 3.5 sharpie doodles

2,371 Views | 23 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

5 x 3.5 sharpie doodles 2013-09-11 13:26:45

some small scale sharpie drawings i'm doing in my free time, or to kill time. Comments, critiques and suggestions for other works welcome. some work is of my own design others will be from references that I have seen.

5 x 3.5 sharpie doodles

Because some men aren't looking for anything logical like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn -Alfred

BBS Signature

Response to 5 x 3.5 sharpie doodles 2013-09-11 13:29:51

This is one is from Boondock Saints, reference is from the internet.

5 x 3.5 sharpie doodles

Because some men aren't looking for anything logical like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn -Alfred

BBS Signature

Response to 5 x 3.5 sharpie doodles 2013-09-11 13:33:03

This one is of my own design of a woman and a wolf. sorry if this one is a little blurry, i don't have a scanner so i am taking pics with my camera.

5 x 3.5 sharpie doodles

BBS Signature

Response to 5 x 3.5 sharpie doodles 2013-09-12 09:23:26

At 9/11/13 01:33 PM, Escapement wrote: This one is of my own design of a woman and a wolf. sorry if this one is a little blurry, i don't have a scanner so i am taking pics with my camera.

I really like your work, the last one especially. It almost looks Hawaiian in style.

Response to 5 x 3.5 sharpie doodles 2013-09-12 17:42:05

how about something with a little more color then.

5 x 3.5 sharpie doodles

BBS Signature

Response to 5 x 3.5 sharpie doodles 2013-09-12 17:55:10

A work in progress, have not decided if the skull will be filled in with anything or what to do with the black area on the top. suggestions welcome.

5 x 3.5 sharpie doodles

BBS Signature

Response to 5 x 3.5 sharpie doodles 2013-09-12 17:56:54

At 9/12/13 05:55 PM, Escapement wrote: A work in progress, have not decided if the skull will be filled in with anything or what to do with the black area on the top. suggestions welcome.

Edit: 'Blank'

BBS Signature

Response to 5 x 3.5 sharpie doodles 2013-09-12 18:10:12

These are amazing, dude. More. Post more.

Response to 5 x 3.5 sharpie doodles 2013-09-12 20:09:07

At 9/12/13 06:10 PM, LeeIsMyName wrote: These are amazing, dude. More. Post more.

lend me your brain and give me a concept and maybe I will post more.

BBS Signature

Response to 5 x 3.5 sharpie doodles 2013-09-12 20:15:27

redo of an older drawing that i have posted before, from the movie 'The Expendables'

5 x 3.5 sharpie doodles

BBS Signature

Response to 5 x 3.5 sharpie doodles 2013-09-12 22:32:09

At 9/12/13 08:09 PM, Escapement wrote:
At 9/12/13 06:10 PM, LeeIsMyName wrote: These are amazing, dude. More. Post more.
lend me your brain and give me a concept and maybe I will post more.

Well, I'm a huge fan of Harley Quinn. Let's see what you can do with her in sharpie form :D

Response to 5 x 3.5 sharpie doodles 2013-09-14 17:28:11

Zebra stripes seemed like a good idea at the time, still cant decide what to do with the blank space so for now, this one is considered done.

5 x 3.5 sharpie doodles

BBS Signature

Response to 5 x 3.5 sharpie doodles 2013-09-14 17:30:23

At 9/12/13 10:32 PM, LeeIsMyName wrote: Well, I'm a huge fan of Harley Quinn. Let's see what you can do with her in sharpie form :D

i should have asked before i started but do you prefer the Bruce Timm version or the more current slutty Arkham city version?

BBS Signature

Response to 5 x 3.5 sharpie doodles 2013-09-14 20:12:11

At 9/14/13 05:30 PM, Escapement wrote:
At 9/12/13 10:32 PM, LeeIsMyName wrote: Well, I'm a huge fan of Harley Quinn. Let's see what you can do with her in sharpie form :D
i should have asked before i started but do you prefer the Bruce Timm version or the more current slutty Arkham city version?

To late, slutty one it is. (sorry about image quality, dropped my camera and now it is acting up D: )

5 x 3.5 sharpie doodles

BBS Signature

Response to 5 x 3.5 sharpie doodles 2013-09-14 21:15:57

Aw dang, I would have said the Bruce Timm xD It's good though. Little weird on the proportions though.

Response to 5 x 3.5 sharpie doodles 2013-09-14 21:27:17

At 9/14/13 09:15 PM, LeeIsMyName wrote: Aw dang, I would have said the Bruce Timm xD It's good though. Little weird on the proportions though.

ha ya, that's probably because i was referencing about three different images to lay this out, and I did not keep very good consistency through them. I'll do another in Bruce Timm style though, and i will do it (harder) better (faster, stronger)

BBS Signature

Response to 5 x 3.5 sharpie doodles 2013-09-26 17:38:11

Decided to go with a larger canvas for this one ( 9x12 size paper) not 100% done, still some things i want to do with it (like add a background and shade some of the woman's arm, but wanted to get some feedback on it as it sits now.

5 x 3.5 sharpie doodles

BBS Signature

Response to 5 x 3.5 sharpie doodles 2013-09-30 15:58:36

At 9/26/13 05:38 PM, Escapement wrote: Decided to go with a larger canvas for this one ( 9x12 size paper) not 100% done, still some things i want to do with it (like add a background and shade some of the woman's arm, but wanted to get some feedback on it as it sits now.

I tend to see a more tattoo style coming thru on my end, not bad. Could show us some kind of a paint and canvas or sketchy type style with shading next probably wouldn't hurt to try it :) just an thought

Response to 5 x 3.5 sharpie doodles 2013-10-14 23:32:26

At 9/30/13 03:58 PM, Rampager wrote: I tend to see a more tattoo style coming thru on my end, not bad. Could show us some kind of a paint and canvas or sketchy type style with shading next probably wouldn't hurt to try it :) just an thought

I am working on some stuff with a new tablet i got, so maybe soon.
But on other topics, have not posted anything in a long while so thought I would post a work in progress.

5 x 3.5 sharpie doodles

BBS Signature

Response to 5 x 3.5 sharpie doodles 2013-10-24 13:58:39

At 9/30/13 03:58 PM, Rampager wrote:
I tend to see a more tattoo style coming thru on my end, not bad. Could show us some kind of a paint and canvas or sketchy type style with shading next probably wouldn't hurt to try it :) just an thought

since you asked so nicely. this is the first piece i have done since buying my new tablet. tree still needs work, but i am finished with it for now.

5 x 3.5 sharpie doodles

BBS Signature

Response to 5 x 3.5 sharpie doodles 2013-10-24 20:44:34

since you asked so nicely. this is the first piece i have done since buying my new tablet. tree still needs work, but i am finished with it for now.

very nice
it has a cool feel to it

Response to 5 x 3.5 sharpie doodles 2013-11-01 15:15:43

a piece done in class of a candle lighting some spheres. comments welcome.

5 x 3.5 sharpie doodles

BBS Signature

Response to 5 x 3.5 sharpie doodles 2013-11-18 00:51:53

the finished assignment to illustrate point lighting from a candle, as always comments and suggestions welcome.

5 x 3.5 sharpie doodles

BBS Signature

Response to 5 x 3.5 sharpie doodles 2013-11-18 03:45:49

At 11/18/13 12:51 AM, Escapement wrote: the finished assignment to illustrate point lighting from a candle, as always comments and suggestions welcome.

This is well done. Your most impressive work to date.
The hidden assets in the dark give a rewarding sense of discovery. I was pleasantly surprised to find a chair.

The cobwebs are a nice touch but unfortunately it gives the idea of an unkempt room. Everything looks a bit too clean for it.
Adding a few clumps of dust on surfaces would help sell this idea more.

I felt that the picture in the background was too sharp and blurred it so it does not draw the eye away from the candle.
I suggest adding some noise to give a bit more atmosphere and to bring everything together.

5 x 3.5 sharpie doodles