00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Care2mchBEAR just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

I hate drawing this show me how !

1,227 Views | 19 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

I hate drawing this show me how ! 2013-09-03 04:09:23

this thread is an idea to help people, we all have something (not matter how talented!) that we find hard to draw and could use tips to know an easy way to draw that item.

so i will start off by saying:....

I HATE DRAWING GUNS PLEASE SHOW ME HOW!

Response to I hate drawing this show me how ! 2013-09-03 05:12:23

(Sorry I can't help with yours, I never draw guns)

I have an insanely hard time drawing legs and feet.

Response to I hate drawing this show me how ! 2013-09-03 07:45:21

At 9/3/13 04:09 AM, Darthmarius wrote: this thread is an idea to help people, we all have something (not matter how talented!) that we find hard to draw and could use tips to know an easy way to draw that item.

so i will start off by saying:....

I HATE DRAWING GUNS PLEASE SHOW ME HOW!

I love the idea of this thread. I hope it gets popularity. Will save many people. The easiest way to draw a gun , after you study the shape in reference pics is to draw some rectangles that roughly represent the funs proportions. This is an easy way to understand the guns shape and position in the image. Really rough shapes that guide your eye. Once you do this , you start drawing over the shape in a new layer and here you go! For a more detailed tutorial , i found this for you. . Cheers!

At 9/3/13 05:12 AM, LeeIsMyName wrote:

Dont worry , limbs are always hard. The main advice i can give you is to view reference images , anatomical guides on muscles etc. Also look at your feet and the feet of the people around you as if you are some perverted old man. Understand how they move. Our limbs are not tubes , they have many curves that are the muscles and joints , subtle if you are thing , more shaped and portruding if you are muscular. In general , everything can be braked down into basic shapes. Its always helpful to sketch these shapes before you draw. The more you sketch , the better your final linework will be. Cheers!

Response to I hate drawing this show me how ! 2013-09-03 08:49:01

thanks for the advice kk :) i will give that page a good read .

Response to I hate drawing this show me how ! 2013-09-03 08:52:51

At 9/3/13 05:12 AM, LeeIsMyName wrote: (Sorry I can't help with yours, I never draw guns)

Balls and tubes ! no im not being rude thats what my art teacher said to me 30 years ago , no matter what part of the body your drawing under the skin its either a ball or a tube tapered to a different size at each end. the best thing i can offer is not art books but medical books ,take a look round a second hand book store ( coz those guys need the business too) web pages are fine but books are always at hand and never need charging !

Response to I hate drawing this show me how ! 2013-09-03 09:59:05

At 9/3/13 07:45 AM, Kkylimos wrote: I love the idea of this thread.

I've never understood the point of threads like this.

Why ask people to condense everything into one thread when there's an entire forum at their disposal? Wouldn't it be more helpful to have topics titled 'Help me draw guns' or "I can't draw feet!'? They'd be easier to find/search for later on and people would know what to expect when they clicked on them (as opposed to digging through pages of a jumbled thread of everything).

Response to I hate drawing this show me how ! 2013-09-03 10:12:53

At 9/3/13 08:52 AM, Darthmarius wrote: thats what my art teacher said to me 30 years ago

wait... how old are you?...

Also Nae is correct, just take the Wi/Ht forums medal thread, you want to find out how to get a medal for a game?... well there's over 100 pages to flick through with no easy way of pin pointing that one game.

Meow <3

BBS Signature

Response to I hate drawing this show me how ! 2013-09-03 10:13:29

At 9/3/13 09:59 AM, ReNaeNae wrote:

Why ask people to condense everything into one thread when there's an entire forum at their disposal? Wouldn't it be more helpful to have topics titled 'Help me draw guns' or "I can't draw feet!'? They'd be easier to find/search for later on and people would know what to expect when they clicked on them (as opposed to digging through pages of a jumbled thread of everything).

The way i see it there are pros and cons to both. I wont disagree with you , individual threads are more practical. However a thread like that allows a collection of questions be gathered and in return , a collection of answears. If the thread grows , it will become some short of "How to" list. People will be able to browse through it and come across answears to questions that they havent even thought of asking yet. Also , it offers a more subtle mean of getting your answear.

Anyway , i dont see why there must be noise about it. The community is the final judge. If people like it , it will live. If they find it pointless , they will ignore it. It doesnt do any harm and its not like you cant post your question in an individual thread. Time will tell. If its not good , it will harm no one , if it is , it will benefit everyone. So , no need to do anything about it but wait and see the response of the folks around the thread.

Response to I hate drawing this show me how ! 2013-09-03 10:44:51

At 9/3/13 10:13 AM, Kkylimos wrote: [...] If the thread grows , it will become some short of "How to" list.

What is Art101

BBS Signature

Response to I hate drawing this show me how ! 2013-09-03 10:56:33

At 9/3/13 10:12 AM, MeowolaSS wrote:
At 9/3/13 08:52 AM, Darthmarius wrote: thats what my art teacher said to me 30 years ago
wait... how old are you?...

IM 42 and been drawing since i was four!

Response to I hate drawing this show me how ! 2013-09-04 10:02:40

To reply to the topic at hand; i've always had difficulty with backgrounds character designs are really fun to play with (not saying i'm very good, but they're fun to do ;) ) but i find that it's kind of difficult wrap my head around filling the negative space in my pics with a fun and interesting background. I do really dig on Scott C Adams stuff when it comes to backgrounds, but executing them is a bitch. And Kelly Turnbull from thepunchlineismachismo.com has a great basic anatomy leaflet right here that I use quite often. It's really simple but it gets me jumping into projects.

Response to I hate drawing this show me how ! 2013-09-04 11:05:55

At 9/4/13 10:02 AM, leakyduck wrote: To reply to the topic at hand; i've always had difficulty with backgrounds character designs are really fun to play with (not saying i'm very good, but they're fun to do ;) ) but i find that it's kind of difficult wrap my head around filling the negative space

thanks for joining in my thread.

in answer to your question as the old saying goes every picture tells a story and keep that in mind when it comes to the backgrounds. where is this person? who should be behind them?, is it time to run ? that sort of thing . also remember that if you draw the background after the finished feature of the piece you can cause yourself lots of work regarding shading. best bet try to sketch the whole picture at once and keep the story in mind. hope this helps.

Response to I hate drawing this show me how ! 2013-09-24 11:06:14

erm im working on a new caricature that involves a speeding sports car . but im having trouble making the wheels look in motion. ive tried motion blur and radial blur and both look wrong . ideas would be most welcome please . this is being done on photoshop 7 .

Response to I hate drawing this show me how ! 2013-09-24 11:39:19

At 9/24/13 11:06 AM, Darthmarius wrote: erm im working on a new caricature that involves a speeding sports car . but im having trouble making the wheels look in motion. ive tried motion blur and radial blur and both look wrong . ideas would be most welcome please . this is being done on photoshop 7 .

Sup mate! Here's the deal. when u use motion blur , dont limit it to the tires. When something moves fast , it all gets blurry because the whole body moves. Otherwise it will be like drawing the tazmanian devil with that tornado on his feet to show movement. Not. Good. First make a copy of the image and place it above the original. Then use the lasso tool to select the edges that get blurred. Following up , mess a bit with the motion blur , opacity , radius etc. Its usually better to combine two different filters than one. Play a bit with it.

If you dont want a digital effect try drawing motion lines to indicate speed. Always remember that the blurring , the lines or any other effect that indicates movement must be strictly pointed towards the direction the objects is moving from. Otherwise its a mindfuck. Tell me how it goes!

Response to I hate drawing this show me how ! 2013-09-26 01:43:39

cheers buddy : i thought about what you said and decided to blur the speed lines that works well , i posted it in my gallery at DA.

Response to I hate drawing this show me how ! 2013-09-26 02:43:53

Hands Feet, human bodies. I don't do good with them

Response to I hate drawing this show me how ! 2013-09-26 06:26:35

At 9/26/13 02:43 AM, Rampager wrote: Hands Feet, human bodies. I don't do good with them

it depends what style your drawing but in the most part you need to do two things .
one :start with drawings tubes and balls in an under drawing bone structure
Two : get some good reference books

Response to I hate drawing this show me how ! 2013-09-26 07:40:27

At 9/26/13 06:26 AM, Darthmarius wrote: Two : get some good reference books

Honestly that piece of advice pretty much wraps up this whole thread.

Response to I hate drawing this show me how ! 2013-09-26 07:52:02

At 9/26/13 07:40 AM, JackDGreatest wrote:
At 9/26/13 06:26 AM, Darthmarius wrote: Two : get some good reference books
Honestly that piece of advice pretty much wraps up this whole thread.

indeed it dose

Response to I hate drawing this show me how ! 2013-09-26 11:39:06

It may be useless to say, but it's always hard to do anything you don't do before.

In my way i have a problems to draw everything. To be honest, i start do be serious in art at the end of 2012. Before that i drew from time to time. And it was awful - so i was upset and did not practice a lot.

Now, when i have a goal to go forward, i should to improve my skils. And the way to do this is old and obviously - i need to draw!!! So if i dont know how to do some things i go to internet and looking for references and study them. Then i looking how my beloved artists make it and try to understand they methods. And all i must to do then - practice, and practice again and again and... ahhh u understend what i mean ))

Step by step as everything in life

Sorry for annoying post ))