00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

MrMeltingPoint just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

An art thread? Impossible.

585 Views | 4 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

An art thread? Impossible. 2013-07-25 19:00:55

Alright! I am extremely new to this website's inner workings, especially the art portal, so feel free to tear me limb from limb when I do something wrong. Basically, what i want to do with this thread is... well there isn't really a big point to it. Just post any pictures that you have done that you are proud of. It can be from your account, a sketch, a doodle, concept art... doesn't matter, if you like it and want others to see, go ahead and post it. If you are unscouted (like me) this may also serve as a big opportunity to whore your work out to the rest of the community.

An art thread? Impossible.

Response to An art thread? Impossible. 2013-07-25 22:21:32

At 7/25/13 07:00 PM, Soliloquous wrote: Just post any pictures that you have done that you are proud of. It can be from your account, a sketch, a doodle, concept art... doesn't matter, if you like it and want others to see, go ahead and post it. If you are unscouted (like me) this may also serve as a big opportunity to whore your work out to the rest of the community.

People can make their own personal art threads for their work. We also have a general critique thread if people want feedback on their stuff in a specific manner. Threads where everyone is just supposed to post whatever dont really work that well.

Response to An art thread? Impossible. 2013-07-25 22:35:58

At 7/25/13 10:21 PM, ornery wrote:
At 7/25/13 07:00 PM, Soliloquous wrote: Just post any pictures that you have done that you are proud of. It can be from your account, a sketch, a doodle, concept art... doesn't matter, if you like it and want others to see, go ahead and post it. If you are unscouted (like me) this may also serve as a big opportunity to whore your work out to the rest of the community.
People can make their own personal art threads for their work. We also have a general critique thread if people want feedback on their stuff in a specific manner. Threads where everyone is just supposed to post whatever dont really work that well.

Well, there goes my arm. Thanks for the info! I find it strange how classified this place seems to be, (to clarify, it seems the threads are much less generalized; I figured things would be a bit more open) I was hoping this thread would lead to a mutually beneficial situation where any and all types of artists would post any of their work to be critiqued and enjoyed, where the people just passing through would be able to see some cool stuff. It just seemed a bit self-centered to me to make a thread about only one person's work, but I guess it's also beneficial for both parties' in that case as well. I don't do art professionally, so I don't know anything about how these types of things would be structured (if structured at all). In any case, I appreciate the heads up.

Response to An art thread? Impossible. 2013-07-25 22:45:56

At 7/25/13 10:35 PM, Soliloquous wrote: Well, there goes my arm. Thanks for the info! I find it strange how classified this place seems to be, (to clarify, it seems the threads are much less generalized; I figured things would be a bit more open)

We are pretty open, its just that a thread where anyone can post anything is sorta unnecessary when we have personalized art threads, the art portal (scouted and unscouted sections) and various more specific threads. A general free for all image thread would quickly become a giant cluster fuck without some more specific direction to it.

Response to An art thread? Impossible. 2013-07-25 23:07:01

At 7/25/13 10:45 PM, ornery wrote:
At 7/25/13 10:35 PM, Soliloquous wrote: Well, there goes my arm. Thanks for the info! I find it strange how classified this place seems to be, (to clarify, it seems the threads are much less generalized; I figured things would be a bit more open)
We are pretty open, its just that a thread where anyone can post anything is sorta unnecessary when we have personalized art threads, the art portal (scouted and unscouted sections) and various more specific threads. A general free for all image thread would quickly become a giant cluster fuck without some more specific direction to it.

Funny, I didn't actually see my thread as being so obsolete until you pointed those things out. I guess sometimes I overlook the potential chaos that can be caused with having an environment lacking parameters. Thank you for your help. My first day on the forums, and I've already learned so much thanks to you. Let's just hope that I can remember all of this long enough to make another post without stepping on my own foot. (What I write here is genuine, despite my potentially sarcastic tone/actual sarcasm.) I guess if this thread is without any direction, I shall choose a direction. I choose down. I realize that my constant replies to this thread are counter productive to my new objective. Anyways, I hope I didn't sound too arrogant in the first three sentences of this post. So, if this thread is to rot in tartarus, I guess this will be a farewell from me. Thanks.