00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Blozeoff just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

How to report a moderator?

523 Views | 4 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

How to report a moderator? 2013-07-24 08:16:12

I'm currently in the middle of an altercation with a moderator here.

This is someone that up till now I have had no reason to have problems with (even had a degree of respect for). But lately has taken issue with me and has even threatened to ban me for absolutely no reason.

I've made attempts to settle things in a friendly manner privately and this individual is hell bent on a course of action and behavior towards me that I feel is abusive.

Obviously I'm not naming any names here or posting proof/links. And originally this did stem from a joke on my part. But it was an extremely harmless and unoffensive joke about a technical computer sciencey issue. Hardly something to warrant this type of behavior from.

My first choice as always would have been and still is to settle this privately in a friendly manner but it's been made clear to me that that probably is not an option.

Is there someone I could talk to (preferably privately) regarding the issue. Or someone who could serve as some kind of mediator?

If this were a regular user, I would ignore this completely and move on. But since it is a moderator who has stated he might ban me (again for absolutely no legit reason whatsoever) I feel I need to escalate this.

Obviously I'm not trying to get this person in trouble. And I know I wouldn't even be able to get this person in trouble if I wanted to. Which I absolutely do not.

I'm also aware I've had some negative altercations with users in the past, some of which were entirely my fault. So that doesn't exactly put me in a great position here for someone looking to be corrupt/unfair/abusive. (plenty of ammo for them)

I'd only like the issue settled maturely and quietly and hopefully in a friendly manner.

∀x (∃e (e ∈ x ∧ ∀x ¬(x ∈ e)) ∨ ∃y ¬∃e (e ∈ x ∧ ¬∃z (z ∈ y ∧ z ∈ e ∧ ∀x ¬((x ∈ y ∧ x ∈ e) ∧ ¬(x = z)))))

Response to How to report a moderator? 2013-07-24 08:18:12

I should probably mention that, based on what I've seen in the past, I know that it is generally the case that those taking issue with the established order of things on NG (be it political/technical/copyright infringement/etc.) become the subject of fairly harsh ridicule/attacks/etc. This is fine and I will try to ignore that here in this thread in the hopes of achieving my stated goal of a peaceful resolution of this issue.

∀x (∃e (e ∈ x ∧ ∀x ¬(x ∈ e)) ∨ ∃y ¬∃e (e ∈ x ∧ ¬∃z (z ∈ y ∧ z ∈ e ∧ ∀x ¬((x ∈ y ∧ x ∈ e) ∧ ¬(x = z)))))

Response to How to report a moderator? 2013-07-24 09:04:31

I believe that situations like this have come up before, and I hope this doesn't get me in trouble with the mods, but since it seems you have a genuine problem with a moderator, I believe your best course of action would be to record/copy any conversations (private or public) that show the altercations/abusive comments with the moderator you are having problems with (PMs with you and the moderator should be saved already) as proof to show the abuse. If you really believe you are being abused/harassed, I would send PMs to Tom or Wade; Wade is the better choice for administrative issues, however. They are the ones that decide/hire the mods, and if the proof of abuse seems valid, they should be able to do something about it.

DO NOT make a thread posting the "proof" because posting private PMs here I believe can get you banned, even if you are in the right.

I have also heard that you should try sending the proof via PMs to a moderator other than the offending mod, but I don't know if that would do any good.

If the harassment continues, either ignore it until you get an answer from the staff, or until the mod gets bored and moves on. There is also a blocking option in the PM system, so you can do that as well.

"You're a bit of a ghoul - aren't you?"---ZeroAsALimit.

BBS Signature

Response to How to report a moderator? 2013-07-24 09:18:08

Ok thanks for the help. I definitely wouldn't post any evidence or names here.

I'll contact the individual you suggested and hopefully end this quietly/peacefully.

Response to How to report a moderator? 2013-07-25 12:32:11

I agree and I have definitely seen my share of abusive and rude mods here.

It so happens that the particular mod in my current situation isn't nearly as bad as those ones. This was mostly about protecting myself from potential abuse on his part which I did feel was coming. But I don't think it's a pattern on his part.

Actually I think I know the specific moderator you're referring to about the "joking about how they can ban you" bit.

I used to play an MMO called Nexus. It had a player-run justice system that spun out of control with corruption. It is still in that horribly corrupt state and as a result has mostly died. At least the U.S. playerbase has mostly died out and been replaced by the players who migrated over from their closed Indonesian server.

Newgrounds is nowhere near that bad, but it definitely has it's share of bad apples. (both on the mod end and the non-mod user end)

The particular mod I am having (more "had" since I feel the issue has quieted down and is mostly over) is not one of them in my opinion. But let's just say that, despite my efforts, this is not someone I expect to ever be "friends" with. :p