00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Patrick8008 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Advice on a WIP?

577 Views | 4 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Advice on a WIP? 2013-07-15 02:54:52

I would like to try something I haven't done in a long time. Once I managed to get a really magnificent drawing out of showing a WIP and getting help from the forum along the way.

The image I had in mind was a phoenix-type creature that was literally very cinnamon-y. I want the bushy tail to have cinnamon coming off of it when it gets closer to completion.

Of course this isn't near finished. But I wanted to know thoughts about it right now - Do you think the body is strangely posed or the colors don't look right etc..?

Thanks for any help in advance!

Advice on a WIP?

Response to Advice on a WIP? 2013-07-15 04:32:56

pretty good, if you look up refrences of birds such as eagles it would help out alot, the feathers at the end of the wing they twisting backward which i dont think that happens, other than that it looks pretty well to me :D

Response to Advice on a WIP? 2013-07-15 07:59:04

At 7/15/13 02:54 AM, Cons14 wrote: Thanks for any help in advance!

The bird's right food looks rather clubbed. It's a bit swollen and wonky.

Response to Advice on a WIP? 2013-07-15 10:24:24

At 7/15/13 04:32 AM, Haith92 wrote: pretty good, if you look up refrences of birds such as eagles it would help out alot, the feathers at the end of the wing they twisting backward which i dont think that happens, other than that it looks pretty well to me :D

Referenced two birds, in fact. I used an owl and a bluejay head. and the twisty tips are the fantasy aspect mostly. =)

At 7/15/13 07:59 AM, bigjonny13 wrote:
The bird's right food looks rather clubbed. It's a bit swollen and wonky.

You're right! It shall be fixed!

Response to Advice on a WIP? 2013-07-15 20:49:14

I have made another update. I have fixed the foot and began to detail the wings.

Advice on a WIP?