00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

lewdinitiative just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Need custom-made vocal tracks

1,026 Views | 1 Reply
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Need custom-made vocal tracks 2013-07-12 03:25:01

Hey there, it's me again, the game designer for "Project Itzkeria"! A few months ago, I made a post here about looking for music for our next big game, and you guys didn't disappoint! We got more submissions than we could ever listen to in a single day, which is why it took us a while to really get through everything. But soon, everyone who submitted should get an official answer from us!

Now, we're looking for something else! Can you sing? Are you in a band? Do you want to help us make a great indie game? Well, great, because we're looking to have some custom songs made just for the game! Let's not waste any time and get to the Q&A!

Q: Are you looking for entire bands, or just singers?
A: Both, actually. If you're in a band and are able to record custom songs for us, then that would be amazing! If not, then we'll pair you up with either one of our in-house musicians or with one of our partners so the two of you can make the vocals and instrumental. All you need is relatively good recording equipment (we don't need state of the art recording studio-quality tracks, but it would be really nice if your mic still sounds decent).

Q: Are you looking for male or female vocals?
A: Again - both! There are a couple of songs where we need a female vocalist, so if you are one, by all means contact us!

Q: How many songs are you looking for, exactly?
A: About twenty in total. What can I say, it's a big game.

Q: I like to write my own lyrics when singing. Can that be arranged?
A: Absolutely! If you don't want to bother, we'll write the lyrics in-house, but if you're the kind of person who likes to write their own lyrics, that would be fine as well! We'll send you as much information as possible about the subject of the song, and also some general guidelines about how we need it to feel, and the rest will be up to you.

Q: So I'll get full credit, right?
A: That goes without saying.

Q: What about money?
A: That's the thing - we're an indie studio dedicated on making high quality videogames without receiving any money whatsoever. As such, we release all our games for free and all the work done for them is unpaid. In other words, we're doing it for the art, and so will you if you join us. But hey, look on the bright side - free advertisement for you and your band! I can't guarantee the game will be big and famous... But I think it will be.

Q: Okay, sounds good! What do I do?
A: Send us a sample of your singing to " projectitzkeria@gmail.com " and let's hear what you have to offer! Also, make sure to specify whether or not you're in a band, or if you want to write your own lyrics. Simple as that! The auditions will continue till August, and after that we'll pick multiple singers for it, so make sure to submit as soon as possible!

Thank yo for reading, and we're looking forward to your submissions!

Response to Need custom-made vocal tracks 2013-07-13 03:40:26

If you need additional information, check out the Q&A of the previous thread - http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/1340655