00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

ReneePrower just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

fade in preloader - flash

568 Views | 2 Replies

fade in preloader - flash 2013-06-15 14:55:17

hello friends

for a project i am currently working on i seek to give it a preloader that includes the fading in of a movieclip as the loading progresses. this will of course be where the closer the loading is to completion, the higher the alpha will be until it has reached 100% and then the movieclip's fullest alpha. i haven't used actionscript in a while and if any of you fine gentlemen could assist me with this i would be eternally grateful and i could credit you in the project too, if you wish. if any of you know how to do this in either actionscript 2 or actionscript 3 i would accept it as this is the only major use of programming in my project.

please and thanks.

-james

Response to fade in preloader - flash 2013-06-15 15:06:03

THIS FORUM IS NOT FOR FLASH OR ACTIONSCRIPT. Read descriptions under the names of the forum sections, PLEASE.
You posted in the wrong place.

In the meantime, here I described how to make a preloader in ActionScript 3 in second post in the thread.

All you need to do is to change one thing. Instead of txt stuff you need to

my_movieClip._alpha=k*100;

, where my_movieClip is the instance name of your black rectangular movie clip placed on the main timeline on top of everything.

Response to fade in preloader - flash 2013-06-15 15:12:34

apologies, i clicked the "read the rules" button before posting but did not look closely enough for each individual section's rules. i thank you though for your help.