00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

MisterBig67425 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

What Do You use?

3,037 Views | 39 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to What Do You use? 2013-05-24 20:21:51

FL simply because of the lifetime free updates and the workflow. Doesn't get much better.

Response to What Do You use? 2013-05-26 13:49:49

I'm confused, how can you make songs with MS Paint?

[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]

Response to What Do You use? 2013-05-26 14:22:44

At 5/26/13 01:49 PM, lukatheking wrote: I'm confused, how can you make songs with MS Paint?

Watch the video.

Stuff.

My AIM piece is found if you clicky the image.

BBS Signature

Response to What Do You use? 2013-05-26 18:02:39

At 5/26/13 02:22 PM, SkyeWintrest wrote:
At 5/26/13 01:49 PM, lukatheking wrote: I'm confused, how can you make songs with MS Paint?
Watch the video.

Man I need to start using MS Paint to write stuff.

Response to What Do You use? 2013-05-26 18:08:44

At 5/26/13 06:02 PM, CDMusic wrote:
Watch the video.
Man I need to start using MS Paint to write stuff.

I know right, man. It's such a good music program

Stuff.

BBS Signature

Response to What Do You use? 2013-05-27 11:45:57

Watch the video.

Err, no it doesn't work at all. It's a hoax.

[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]

Response to What Do You use? 2013-05-27 13:58:58

At 5/27/13 11:45 AM, lukatheking wrote:
Watch the video.
Err, no it doesn't work at all. It's a joke.

I fixed your typo.

Stuff.

BBS Signature

Response to What Do You use? 2013-05-27 14:33:10

I use FL Studio 11 for absolutely everything.

Specifically I use; Harmor, Harmless, Sylenth1, 3xOSC, all Fruity effects, Maximus, etc. for EDM.

For recording; AmpliTube 3, Guitar Rig 5, this amazing FREE acoustic drumkit.

On the hardware side I use; M-Audio Mbox Mini as my interface, Event 20/20 monitors, KRK KNS 8400 headphones, M-Audio Oxygen 61 keyboard, Avid Artist Mix, custom frankenstrat built by myself, Fender Sonorance acoustic, and a Fender Telecaster LE

I have too much gear...

BBS Signature

Response to What Do You use? 2013-05-27 21:02:02

I have quite a few music makers at my disposal: GarageBand, OpenMPT, and Live to name a few.

I mainly make my music with GarageBand. I've used FL Studio, at least once or twice for producing music, though I often find myself doing more in Live as second to GarageBand.

If I'm doing classical music, I'll typically use my GarageBand expansion packs such as Symphony Orchestra, AMG, or Boldt Instruments.

I personally believe it's really the DAW that interests you the most that will be the one you stick to or end up using the most; its tools such as synths, Virtual Synthesizer Technologies/Audio Units and mix-master equipment would most likely be a close 2nd.

When it comes to remixes/covers that I want to do, I'll usually find a track to download or use of the song and sit it in my project. I'd pick out parts that I may want to use and cut them out individually sometimes, or just break down the track as a whole at times too.

I tend to do more covers than I do remixes, as I sometimes want to see how close I can sound to the originals with what I have, 'specially given when the original artists use the exact same software as I do! I really enjoy that.

Response to What Do You use? 2013-05-27 23:00:08

I use OpenMPT as my DAW, and occassionally I use Adobe Soundbooth for mastering or for sample creation/manipulation, using Superwave P8, DR-Fusion2, TAL-Elek7ro, and TranceDrive as my primary goto hitters.
I use P8 for padding mostly, DR for a quick and dirty drum kit, TAL for basslines and also drums, and TranceDrive...
...well, TranceDrive is for making everything else, from effects to power leads.
I use GVST for taming (or destroying) the waveforms, and BlueCat for equalization and in-DAW frequency analysis - very useful.
If you're just getting started, though, I might advise using Modplug/OpenMPT as a DAW because as trackers, their learning curve can be fairly steep. They also are very tricky to make automations with by nature. However, they are invaluable as a standalone sequencer and when working with MIDI files.

btw, TranceDrive is possibly the most powerful, easy to get, freeware VSTi you can get your hands on. I believe it even comes as a standalone package as well.

Latest Creation: Wiretapped Wormhole | Website: Tydusis.com | Also, check out this webcomic I like: Inhuman

BBS Signature