00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Will you buy an Xbox 720? I won't..

4,786 Views | 60 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Will you buy an Xbox 720? I won't.. 2013-04-29 21:33:44

I admit this has to be the worst idea Microsoft has ever made yet. It's like they want to piss off their customers and long time members of Xbox Live. They are basically shooting themselves in the foot right now. Really I thought they would think this out smarter after that RED RINGS OF DEATH situation but now they are only making it worse. The fact that they won't let the person have a decision to play offline is completely unfair, especially for people who don't play online or even have internet PERIOD. Again Microsoft is gonna fix up until people start banging on their doors like last time.

XBL Gamertag: Cpt D3FAULT | PSN ID: SNEAKYGAMEBOY | GAMING SINCE 2002 ;D

BBS Signature

Response to Will you buy an Xbox 720? I won't.. 2013-04-29 21:36:38

At 4/29/13 03:12 AM, TheShrike wrote: It's not going to be called the 720.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/matthickey/2013/04/26/the-new-xb ox-touch-controllers-and-named-infinity/

I hope this isn't the final logo design because it looks too simple and lazy.

XBL Gamertag: Cpt D3FAULT | PSN ID: SNEAKYGAMEBOY | GAMING SINCE 2002 ;D

BBS Signature

Response to Will you buy an Xbox 720? I won't.. 2013-04-29 22:03:14

At 4/29/13 09:36 PM, SneakyGameBoy wrote:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/matthickey/2013/04/26/the-new-xb ox-touch-controllers-and-named-infinity/
I hope this isn't the final logo design because it looks too simple and lazy.

Too simple is a good thing for logos these days. And if this indeed the name/logo for the next Xbox, they'll no doubt combine it with Windows 8 somehow.

BBS Signature

Response to Will you buy an Xbox 720? I won't.. 2013-04-30 01:14:24

Man, you guys really suck at this whole reading thing, so I'll try to emboss it on you guys a little harder.

IT. IS. A. RUMOR. Do you understand? NOTHING HAS BEEN CONFIRMED.
Does that mean they won't have it? No, I have no clue what their plan is for it, but the smart thing to do, is to wait until the conference in May for the official facts from Microsoft. Swear to God, so quick to jump the trigger...

Anyways, the logo is kinda lame, it's like exactly what I thought it would be if I knew they were going for Xbox Infinity, maybe that's not bad but I was kinda hoping for a change up. Meh, I think this next gen will be overpriced for the mediocre and not so new output but hey, as long as it appeals to the common consumer and puts out a few quality games a year, maybe I'll get it in a couple of years. And I'm thinking at worst, they make the "always on" internet thing up to the developer, in which case, I don't get those games, boom, problem solved, but hey, crazier things have happened.

Even as I walk through the shadow of the Valley of Death, I shall fear no Evil. Semper Fidelis

BBS Signature

Response to Will you buy an Xbox 720? I won't.. 2013-04-30 01:27:11

At 4/30/13 01:14 AM, HollowedPumkinz wrote: Anyways, the logo is kinda lame, it's like exactly what I thought it would be if I knew they were going for Xbox Infinity, maybe that's not bad but I was kinda hoping for a change up.

Some have speculated that it would allow for the short name X8. This goes well with the name game they played with the 360. Would you get an Xbox 2, or a PS3? Xbox 360 or PS3? Its such a small thing, but you have to remember that quite often, the people buying consoles know nothing about them.

PS4, or X8?

Speculation is fun.

"A witty quote proves nothing."

~Voltaire

BBS Signature

Response to Will you buy an Xbox 720? I won't.. 2013-04-30 02:09:09

At 4/26/13 07:21 PM, Darthdenim wrote: It's hard to get excited for new Consoles.

Each one just seems like a slight upgrade from the last.
When will that kind of change happen again?

I was thinking the same thing. I am happy with my 360 (the console itself not mircosoft's stupid marketing bullshit) I don't see a reason to get a new one.

Response to Will you buy an Xbox 720? I won't.. 2013-04-30 06:24:17

I know for sure I won't because I'm more of a PC kind of guy, but that won't stop the masses that bought the 360 to upgrade to this new iteration.

// Kongregate // Tumblr // Reddit // Steam //

BBS Signature

Response to Will you buy an Xbox 720? I won't.. 2013-04-30 07:10:51

At 4/28/13 07:46 PM, TheKlown wrote: Sony is smart, unlike Micro#$ck who rather lose Customers.

No shit really?!
You just realized that?!

| Steam | Sig is by Homicide <3 |

BBS Signature

Response to Will you buy an Xbox 720? I won't.. 2013-04-30 16:35:56

you also can't share games on the Xbox 720, i might skip the whole next generation all together, and stick to my trusty PC.

This is a sig you dumbass.

Response to Will you buy an Xbox 720? I won't.. 2013-04-30 18:54:39

Jesus Christ the one True God of Love and Peace.

Response to Will you buy an Xbox 720? I won't.. 2013-04-30 19:22:41

At 4/30/13 06:54 PM, TheKlown wrote: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5xpJ7HUZ9g

holy hell why are you so upset

Response to Will you buy an Xbox 720? I won't.. 2013-04-30 19:34:27

At 4/30/13 07:31 AM, Cootie wrote: Microsoft is smart enough to figure out that always on DRM would be suicide for the console. People don't play that shit.

A part of me hopes they aren't that smart.

I'm just a dreamer.

BBS Signature

Response to Will you buy an Xbox 720? I won't.. 2013-05-01 07:08:15

If I even get a console this generation, it's unlikely that it will be the third Xbox unless the DRM rumors change and it has more exclusives than Halo and Gears of War. (Neither of which I'm interested in)

The only thing that makes me somewhat excited about the new consoles is that it means that consoles will stop holding back game graphics (as much) as it currently does for the PC.

The PS3 had much better exclusives than the 360, and if it's the same for this gen then I probably will buy a PS4 eventually, but probably not for a few years.

Response to Will you buy an Xbox 720? I won't.. 2013-05-01 07:11:09

At 4/29/13 03:13 AM, TheShrike wrote:

Also, this image hit the web like a week ago.

@SneakyGameBoy

I'm pretty sure that isn't real, it's just a fan mock-up. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Response to Will you buy an Xbox 720? I won't.. 2013-05-01 10:39:29

sure you can waste your money with inferior products, while you are in that you might want to play Starcraft 2

Its only rape if you say no.

Say no to rape.

Response to Will you buy an Xbox 720? I won't.. 2013-05-01 12:42:43

At 4/28/13 04:10 PM, Painbringer wrote: I sure hope they make use of some sort of high density disc format, because having a game span multiple DVDs is just ridiculous in this day and age.

Microsoft does have rights to the HD-DVD format, so maybe they should make use of it as a game disc medium.

I wouldn't consider HD-DVD a good choice for a disc medium, since it was put into obscurity in favor of Blu-Ray. Plus, an HD-DVD disc can only have up to 30GB on a dual-layer disc, whereas Blu-Ray can have 50GB.

However, there are some valid reasons for Microsoft to use HD-DVD. Like you said, they own the rights to it, so it's definitely a possible choice, along with the fact that they're competing with Sony's Playstation 3, who own the rights to Blu-ray.

HD-DVD may also benefit game developers by reducing the risk of piracy, due to the fact that HD-DVD is an uncommon format. Then again, Microsoft may want major PC manufacturers to start including HD-DVD drives in new computers, since Windows 8 can play Xbox games...

Response to Will you buy an Xbox 720? I won't.. 2013-05-01 13:20:02

At 5/1/13 07:11 AM, Jolly wrote:
At 4/29/13 03:13 AM, TheShrike wrote:

Also, this image hit the web like a week ago.
@SneakyGameBoy

I'm pretty sure that isn't real, it's just a fan mock-up. Correct me if I'm wrong.

how would you even know you

you....

you....

NERD

Response to Will you buy an Xbox 720? I won't.. 2013-05-01 14:18:50

I never intended to buy the Durango in the first place. And I'm not going to trust the rumors either. I don't like Microsoft, but I'm still going to give them the benefit of the doubt.

Give me cash and receive arts!

(thanks for the years of Lulu/Payne r34 my loyal dealers)

BBS Signature

Response to Will you buy an Xbox 720? I won't.. 2013-05-01 16:39:56

No, I might come off as fanboyish but; Xbox has this weird focus on the failed kinnect system and 4 more halo sequals, add to that paying extra to play online when you can do it for free on the wii,ps3 and PC .

Every big name game I can think of is either A:) Cross Platform or B:) on the PS3 or Wii. It would seem Microsoft has had the same 3 goals for the last few years: Kinnect, More Halo, and buying up exclusive DLC's so they can have it first.

Response to Will you buy an Xbox 720? I won't.. 2013-05-01 21:45:52

At 4/27/13 01:55 AM, entropy wrote: PC gaming master race

Behold the master race!

Response to Will you buy an Xbox 720? I won't.. 2013-05-02 05:56:56

awww... i cant wait to play some sci fi game with illumiroom XD

Response to Will you buy an Xbox 720? I won't.. 2013-05-02 06:30:35

At 5/1/13 04:39 PM, Montag666 wrote: No, I might come off as fanboyish but; Xbox has this weird focus on the failed kinnect system and 4 more halo sequals, add to that paying extra to play online when you can do it for free on the wii,ps3 and PC .

Every big name game I can think of is either A:) Cross Platform or B:) on the PS3 or Wii. It would seem Microsoft has had the same 3 goals for the last few years: Kinnect, More Halo, and buying up exclusive DLC's so they can have it first.

Kinects Sales have hit 24 million Units whereas the PSmove has sold in the region of 15million. This means 1 in 3 Xbox users have one. Those are some massive numbers, so it's far from a failure. "Hardcore Gamers" dont like the concept of getting up, but the kinect is a clever family/party device. From a parents point of view they prefer to see a more wholesome interactive gaming experience for their kids instead of constantly shooting people in the head. It also simple enough they can join in. My older folks wont play the "xbox", but they'll play Kinect. You need to realize that as much as it looks like there's loads of kinect games, there's far far more standard games.

As for the Payonline thing, the xbox has proved to be a strong competitor in this area despite being a paid for service. It annoys me a little when people complain about it. Because nobody complains about Netflicks, or Love film, or their phone. All which require a prepaid amount for the service, then additional usage costs on top. The wii is atrocious online, PC isn't always free and PS3 is mostly peer to peer based, which isn't as good as servers which MS uses.

I pay for the highest possible broadband (120mb) in Glasgow so surfing, streaming, downloading is fast and gaming (when i do it) is quick, I also use it for work. At £27 a month for my broadband, and £14 for a phoneline (then add calls to it) crying about £32 for a year is not bad whatsoever. That's £2.66 a month. You spend that on a medium coffee in the city here. It's also only 66pence a week. So you gotta be realistic do you really miss 66p a week?

I imagine most of people who complain about it are in school but they don't think about it when they jump the fence and buy a bag of crisps/chips, or chocolate or a roll and sausage in the morning. Instead of buying say a bit of junk to eat on a pack of chewing gum, or whatever then you can easily afford xbox live, 3 to 4 times over and be healthier for it.

=P

BBS Signature

Response to Will you buy an Xbox 720? I won't.. 2013-05-03 18:36:27

At 5/1/13 07:11 AM, Jolly wrote: I'm pretty sure that isn't real, it's just a fan mock-up. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I'll correct you after I'm proven right. ;]

"A witty quote proves nothing."

~Voltaire

BBS Signature

Response to Will you buy an Xbox 720? I won't.. 2013-05-07 04:50:18

BBS Signature

Response to Will you buy an Xbox 720? I won't.. 2013-05-08 07:34:15

It seems like a ways off to think about for me personally but I won't count MS out.

Tyson!

Response to Will you buy an Xbox 720? I won't.. 2013-05-08 09:06:48

sony and nintendo seem to be the better companies in a number of ways- they currently have the better practices and also sony is probably the most improved company of the last decade which is awesome and they deserve major props for that.

Response to Will you buy an Xbox 720? I won't.. 2013-05-12 11:04:26

If they are going to release with the price they say they are going to then i won't (I think they said like $600-$700)

Response to Will you buy an Xbox 720? I won't.. 2013-05-12 14:05:27

I'm probably just going to wait for LBP3 to come out on the PS4 and move on to that. I don't really need another X-box, since my new computer does what I was using my Xbox for the last time I played it (to play Minecraft).

Response to Will you buy an Xbox 720? I won't.. 2013-05-15 08:17:36

Ever since I started playing on PC a few years back, I continually find less and less reasons to even bother investing in consoles anymore. Considering that I've never been a fan of any of the Xbox consoles, it's pretty much a complete "no".

BBS Signature

Response to Will you buy an Xbox 720? I won't.. 2013-05-15 15:08:38

At 4/26/13 04:25 PM, TheKlown wrote: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/123561-Rumor-Next-
Xbox-Gives-Publishers-Control-Over-Always-Online-Features

Confirming that you must have a perfect internet Connection to play single player games. Also, the fact that since the Economy is bad right now, that not even one has internet connection. I think that I heard that 40 percent of Americans still don't have internet or internet that isn't high-speed. I do not want to be renting games, I want to own a game if I pay 60 bucks for it. What are your thoughts about the new Xbox?

I don't think I'm going to. The 360's life should have been longer before Microsoft decided to make a new console.

BBS Signature