00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

christopher54000 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Nintendo World Championships

1,605 Views | 14 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Nintendo World Championships 2013-04-25 14:07:15

Jesus Christ the one True God of Love and Peace.

Response to Nintendo World Championships 2013-04-25 23:57:53

Other than the obsessed collector, I don't see the point in getting it really. Even the gray cartridge isn't really worth it. Sure it would be nice to have that little piece of Nintendo history, but I believe said cartridges belong in the Smithsonian than anything else.

If I had one grand to blow, I'd spend it on an EarthBound cartridge, box, and guidebook. You know a rare game that I would play and be an original game. Instead of Super Mario Bros., Rad Racer, and Tetris all on one cart with a timer.

Response to Nintendo World Championships 2013-04-26 00:19:01

I can think of only one fool enough to pay such a price for that gahbage

NOW IS WHEN YOU RAM HAPPY WITH LIFE SAUCE. PSN Screenname - Mooglejoke Wii U Network ID - Mooglejoke - Nintendo 3DS Friend Code 4768-8871-1657

BBS Signature

Response to Nintendo World Championships 2013-04-26 03:16:56

At 4/26/13 12:19 AM, ViceFullbuster wrote: I can think of only one fool enough to pay such a price for that gahbage

Pat the NES Punk owns both the gold and grey versions if I'm not mistaken. I don't believe James Rolfe owns either version of the cart. More regarding the possession of the carts can be found here - AVGN: Nintendo World Championships Outtakes.

That ebay auction looks rather sketchy. I'm not sure why someone would sell the cart to someone else who was just going to resell it anyway, especially something worth that much money. The terrible MSPaint job followed by the author calling it a "...MARKER SMUDGE..." is rather odd. Also odd is that the picture looks like a poorly cropped version of this - Original Picture.

Even more odd is that the original writer of the blog that took that picture doesn't write in all caps, but instead writes pretty legibly. Even double more odd is that the person that took that picture and wrote that blog did not win the cart originally; they bought it from someone else, meaning that guy sold it to someone who originally won it who then resold it to the guy on ebay. Even more more more more odd is that I took the picture linked above, cropped it, then stretched it to fit the resolution of the ebay auction, and it came out looking like this (posted below).

Response to Nintendo World Championships 2013-04-26 03:20:29

I forgot to mention that the ebay seller has no previous sales nor feedback. Odd...

Response to Nintendo World Championships 2013-04-26 04:23:05

At 4/25/13 11:57 PM, The-Great-One wrote: If I had one grand to blow, I'd spend it on an EarthBound cartridge, box, and guidebook. You know a rare game that I would play and be an original game.

I don't think EarthBound is a rare game. I'm not even sure if it's considered uncommon? It's just one of these games that people are prepared to pay a lot of money for. I don't think something that sold 140,000 copies in North America could be considered rare.

Those Nintendo World Championship on the other hand are in pretty small numbers. 116 of them existed, with only 26 of those being gold. I agree though, it's not something I'd ever want to spend money on.

BBS Moderator - Feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem!

BBS Signature

Response to Nintendo World Championships 2013-04-26 07:52:50

At 4/26/13 04:23 AM, Dean wrote: I don't think EarthBound is a rare game. I'm not even sure if it's considered uncommon? It's just one of these games that people are prepared to pay a lot of money for. I don't think something that sold 140,000 copies in North America could be considered rare.

Those Nintendo World Championship on the other hand are in pretty small numbers. 116 of them existed, with only 26 of those being gold. I agree though, it's not something I'd ever want to spend money on.

I agree that EarthBound isn't all that rare. I'm just saying that if I had that money to spend, I would spend it on EarthBound rather than a Nintendo World Championship cartridge. Shoot I would rather have a top loader NES and a bountiful collection for it.

Response to Nintendo World Championships 2013-04-26 16:02:36

At 4/26/13 03:16 AM, MonoBro wrote:
At 4/26/13 12:19 AM, ViceFullbuster wrote:
That ebay auction looks rather sketchy. I'm not sure why someone would sell the cart to someone else who was just going to resell it anyway, especially something worth that much money. The terrible MSPaint job followed by the author calling it a "...MARKER SMUDGE..." is rather odd. Also odd is that the picture looks like a poorly cropped version of this - Original Picture.

Yeah, I do think that its a fake. Also, why would someone sell on ebay when wasn't PawnStars offering like 7 or 10 grand for the gold cart? Do they honestly believe the auction will get that high on ebay?

Response to Nintendo World Championships 2013-04-26 16:07:55

Why do a lot of Ebay listers list Contra Nes as a rare game when there's probably over 50 copies on Ebay right now, and I know if I search craigslist I can find it on there too.

Response to Nintendo World Championships 2013-04-26 19:49:50

At 4/26/13 07:36 PM, BigBadtheBazz wrote:
At 4/26/13 04:07 PM, TheKlown wrote: Why do a lot of Ebay listers list Contra Nes as a rare game when there's probably over 50 copies on Ebay right now, and I know if I search craigslist I can find it on there too.
some people are retarded and think that just because a game is old that it automatically
demands ludicrous amounts of money.

Well, not asking too much for it. It goes for around 20-25 bucks, which is cheaper than the game was brand new back when Nintendo first came out. Weren't the games back then around 50-60 bucks, around the same price games go new today?

Response to Nintendo World Championships 2013-04-26 20:00:22

At 4/26/13 07:49 PM, TheKlown wrote: Well, not asking too much for it. It goes for around 20-25 bucks, which is cheaper than the game was brand new back when Nintendo first came out. Weren't the games back then around 50-60 bucks, around the same price games go new today?

Contra's worth $25 nowadays?

I should turn around and sell my extra copies I got for less than a buck.

Response to Nintendo World Championships 2013-04-26 20:09:56

At 4/26/13 08:00 PM, Oolaph wrote:
At 4/26/13 07:49 PM, TheKlown wrote: Well, not asking too much for it. It goes for around 20-25 bucks, which is cheaper than the game was brand new back when Nintendo first came out. Weren't the games back then around 50-60 bucks, around the same price games go new today?
Contra's worth $25 nowadays?

I should turn around and sell my extra copies I got for less than a buck.

Yeah it is. Check Ebay, Craigslist, and Amazon. I have Super C, and I wanted Contra, but I don't know, but I'm refusing to pay 25 bucks for an old NES game. It's something cool to own, but at same time, it will probably sit around and collect more dust than actually get played, if you know what I mean.

Response to Nintendo World Championships 2013-04-26 23:06:58

LOL, the guy who listed it took it down. Maybe like someone else mentioned earlier, it was probably a fake.