00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

seph-lol just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Why did the CDI have such great 2d

695 Views | 4 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

graphics, but bad games?

Jesus Christ the one True God of Love and Peace.

Response to Why did the CDI have such great 2d 2013-04-08 00:07:56

Because it was a disc based system, the storage capacity was much higher than many of the other consoles of the time. With higher storage space came more animation frames. It also had a much higher resolution than many of the other consoles of the time (768Ã-560).

Response to Why did the CDI have such great 2d 2013-04-08 23:17:41

The technology of the time was there, but no one knew what the hell they were doing with it. It was an untested format, so they could do a lot of things, but at the same time, it seems they didn't know what to do to make a game fun or interesting. Great graphics and incredible frame rates mean nothing if the game is Wand of Gamelon... Although I should probably take the great graphics part back...

The Bird of Hermes is my name, eating my wings to make me tame.

Response to Why did the CDI have such great 2d 2013-04-10 20:33:06

At 4/8/13 11:17 PM, Crazywill wrote: The technology of the time was there, but no one knew what the hell they were doing with it. It was an untested format, so they could do a lot of things, but at the same time, it seems they didn't know what to do to make a game fun or interesting. Great graphics and incredible frame rates mean nothing if the game is Wand of Gamelon... Although I should probably take the great graphics part back...

to be honest it was poorly drawn, but you could see the potential when you compared its fmv sequences to those on the sega cd.
simply put, the CD-i was in the wrong place at the wrong time, the 3do was better but too expensive, the first console to really get cd-based gaming right was the playstation.

Response to Why did the CDI have such great 2d 2013-04-13 19:51:18

What are you talking about? Have you ever played Hotel Mario and The Legend of Zelda Wand of Gamelon? Top notch games, I tell you

"It's taking all my might to restrain from dick riding." - HomicidalFrog

Sig by Homicidee

BBS Signature